• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 10 Greatest Fast Bowlers of All Time in Tests?

Gob

International Coach
Except the Australian batting lineup of the late 90s and early 00s were significantly better than the WI batting lineup of 80s. Even the Australian batting lineup of the 80s were on par with the WI batting linneups of the 80s. Though this only makes Hadlee even more impressive to me.
Do you smoke grass?

_00_deathscar

International Regular
My list:

Hadlee
Marshall
McGrath
Steyn
Ambrose - a certain top 5
Imran
Lillee
Donald
Wasim - think this is where the list is really established, after that I could change.
Cummins - already putting him in, ahead of Waqar for now. Expecting him to break top 5 by the end.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My list:

Hadlee
Marshall
McGrath
Steyn
Imran
Lillee
Donald
Wasim - think this is where the list is really established, after that I could change.
Cummins - already putting him in, ahead of Waqar for now. Expecting him to break top 5 by the end.
Don't rate anyone before the 80s? There was a lot of cricket before then

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Don't rate anyone before the 80s? There was a lot of cricket before then
All absolute amateurs.

Joking aside,think I have to seen enough footage of them to actually rate them - not a fan of rating players based on opinion and long articles waxing lyrical about them.
As an example, bet Kohli’s stock in opinions/articles/media etc, peer ratings and so on will rise even more post retirement. But no one who genuinely watched cricket around that period would rate him as the best test batsman around.

Whom would you change from that list?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All absolute amateurs.

Joking aside,think I have to seen enough footage of them to actually rate them - not a fan of rating players based on opinion and long articles waxing lyrical about them.
As an example, bet Kohli’s stock in opinions/articles/media etc, peer ratings and so on will rise even more post retirement. But no one who genuinely watched cricket around that period would rate him as the best test batsman around.

Whom would you change from that list?
@trundler I have so much knowledge of pre-1980s cricketers that it will be hard to choose

halba

International 12th Man
post 2007's (across all pitches/countries) in terms of overall quality.

Fast Bowlers.

Pat Cummins(modern day GOAT)
Dale Steyn
Lungi Ngidi
Kagiso Rabada
Jasprit Bumrah
Ryan Harris
Vernon Philander

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
post 2007's (across all pitches/countries) in terms of overall quality.

Fast Bowlers.

Pat Cummins(modern day GOAT)
Dale Steyn
Lungi Ngidi...

Ngidi????

In SA 36 wickets in 8 tests @ 17.91
In England 2 wickets in 2 tests @ 44
In India 0 wickets in 1 test - conceded 83 runs
In Pakistan 2 wickets in 1 test @ 37
In SL 1 wicket in 1 test @ 63
In WI 8 wickets in 2 tests @ 13.25

That's very poor. Jamieson is much better and I wouldn't yet put him in the top 10 since 2007 (let alone 3rd):

In NZ 50 wickets in 10 tests @ 17.60
In England 16 wickets in 4 tests @ 21.18
In India 6 wickets in 2 tests @ 30.33

Last edited:

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
My list:

Hadlee
Marshall
McGrath
Steyn
Imran
Lillee
Donald
Imran is better than Ambrose