• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top 10 Greatest Fast Bowlers of All Time in Tests?

Slifer

International Captain
In somewhat fairness to him, he did name a sure top 7 and said the others were tricky.

Think the 7 were

Lillee
Akram
Marshall
McGrath
Ambrose
Steyn
Hadlee

Though none of us would have that exact top 7, hard to argue with the list. And he did say it wasn't in order. ??‍♂
Oh ok, guess I missed that part. My bad...

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In somewhat fairness to him, he did name a sure top 7 and said the others were tricky.

Think the 7 were

Lillee
Akram
Marshall
McGrath
Ambrose
Steyn
Hadlee

Though none of us would have that exact top 7, hard to argue with the list. And he did say it wasn't in order. ??‍♂
I think I would tbh

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I also found it curious that he included Jeff Thompson. Anderson isn't top ten but probably got included because Warne knows who his audience is....
Warne is about my age, and if you grew up in Aus in the 70s and 80s it's pretty understandable you'd fanboy hard over Thommo. Especially pre-shoulder injury Thommo. He was a force of nature. Honestly think no one liked facing him, not even Viv.

Slifer

International Captain
Warne is about my age, and if you grew up in Aus in the 70s and 80s it's pretty understandable you'd fanboy hard over Thommo. Especially pre-shoulder injury Thommo. He was a force of nature. Honestly think no one liked facing him, not even Viv.
Yeah but frankly he's probably not even top 20 from the last 30 years or so.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Welcome to CW guy. Personally

Marshall
McGrath
Hadlee
Ambrose
Steyn
Imran
Lillee
Wasim
Trueman
Donald

Waqar Younis slightly misses out. You can juggle it around as you please and it'll still be a great list
Put Mcgrath and Ambrose a couple of places down and i agree

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
1 McGrath
2 Marshall
3 Hadlee
4 Ambrose
5 Imran
6 Steyn
7 Davidson
8 Wasim
9 Walsh
10 Garner
We have a lot to talk about

Mcgrath over Marshall really? Mcgrath never had to face his the Australian team.

Ambrose record against India is pretty poor

Steyn is easily top 3-4

Walsh doesn't belong in top 10 imo but since u rate longevity over prime so i can understand the reasoning.

Davidson over Akram? That's a new

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We have a lot to talk about

Mcgrath over Marshall really? Mcgrath never had to face his the Australian team.

Ambrose record against India is pretty poor

Steyn is easily top 3-4

Walsh doesn't belong in top 10 imo but since u rate longevity over prime so i can understand the reasoning.

Davidson over Akram? That's a new
You should be thankful I didn't decide to be edgy and sneak Jimmy Anderson into 10th. I considered it.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Whereas Marshall’s performances against his great West Indian team are legendary. :santa:
Except the Australian batting lineup of the late 90s and early 00s were significantly better than the WI batting lineup of 80s. Even the Australian batting lineup of the 80s were on par with the WI batting linneups of the 80s. Though this only makes Hadlee even more impressive to me.