• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tim Paine ***ting scandal, will resign

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They can barely get two new balls to behave the same way, a tampered version is a fantasy. What happens if the ball is lost? Ump brings out a pocket knife and cuts around a stencil?

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They can barely get two new balls to behave the same way, a tampered version is a fantasy. What happens if the ball is lost? Ump brings out a pocket knife and cuts around a stencil?
Imagine BMac asking the ump to get the tampered ball changed every over.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Change from using a cricket ball to a shot put imo
I mean there's an argument for a new ball every over, IMHO. Cricket seems to be the only sport that allows the ball to "age", whether it's natural or otherwise.

Cricket's bastard American cousin definitely not precious about its balls.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean there's an argument for a new ball every over, IMHO. Cricket seems to be the only sport that allows the ball to "age", whether it's natural or otherwise.

A cool $22500 spent on balls per test

tbf you could resell them to club cricket and make some $ back

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

This whole argument about ageing balls seems to be a thinly-disguised campaign to rid the game of spinners.

I like it.