• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tim Paine ***ting scandal, will resign

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It’s very obvious from this thread how deeply ingrained the cheating issue is in Australian cricket culture.

Nearly every post here is “we did it because they did it too” with a “(not that it’s an excuse)” thrown in at the end, basically trying to shift some of the blame to SA while trying to appear objective by not condoning the act.

Most of the posting also calls the duo stupid for using sandpaper. Because in their minds it’s fine to cheat, as long as you don’t get caught/can use the spirit of cricket as a defence.

Very sad tbh. Hopefully things change in the future.
Breaking laws in literally in our DNA, we can't help it. Try to be more understanding in the future of other cultures

the big bambino

International Captain
It’s very obvious from this thread how deeply ingrained the cheating issue is in Australian cricket culture.

Nearly every post here is “we did it because they did it too” with a “(not that it’s an excuse)” thrown in at the end, basically trying to shift some of the blame to SA while trying to appear objective by not condoning the act.

Most of the posting also calls the duo stupid for using sandpaper. Because in their minds it’s fine to cheat, as long as you don’t get caught/can use the spirit of cricket as a defence.

No Mankads though.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes, I know it sounds ridiculous but it is a good solution. It won't be called a tampered ball anymore and People won't have to resort to cheating for reverse swing too since they can get it done legally.
I don't know how you're supposed to standardise the ball though. Cricket ball manufacturers would have to come up with a tampered version.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Harris and Bond are not in the same category

Harris was a proven star who was injured a lot

Bond never did anything of note in Tests he's pure speculation
Cast the Net right
Use The right Bait
Draw the net right
Keep what you catch

Burgey

I hope it doesn't. I hope we continue to lead the world in new and inventive ways of cheating.

And all this from a fella whose side promoted Dravid to captain after he was found guilty of ball tampering. Sad.

Daemon

I hope it doesn't. I hope we continue to lead the world in new and inventive ways of cheating.

And all this from a fella whose side promoted Dravid to captain after he was found guilty of ball tampering. Sad.
They're not my side. My side is Singapore :cool:

(lets ignore the fact that known cheater Butt is the current coach)