• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The worst sport to watch?

Steulen

International Regular
FaaipDeOiad said:
How anyone could find a world cup final boring is beyond me.
Actually...I distinctly recall being totally bored by the 1994 and 2002 WC Finals. Had me reading a book, even.

twctopcat

International Regular
Steulen said:
Actually...I distinctly recall being totally bored by the 1994 and 2002 WC Finals. Had me reading a book, even.
Have to agree with you on that one. I hope all the big teams perform next year, and of course England come out on top. I just hope when i get out there i will be able to get hold of some tickets!!!

twctopcat

International Regular
Piper said:
Snooker, bowls, Judo, and darts......
Judo and bowls i have to agree with but watching ronnie o'sullivan can be an absolute delight and darts at its closest can be v gripping, as can a 9-dart finish, possibly the rarest event in sport!!

Steulen

International Regular
King_Ponting said:
Archery.............zzzzzzzzzzzz
Archery has the same appeal as darts. Can be quite gripping.

I'd like to add judo and other oriental buttkick sports to my list of things to not watch.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Steulen said:
Archery has the same appeal as darts. Can be quite gripping.

I'd like to add judo and other oriental buttkick sports to my list of things to not watch.
I enjoyed archery when that Aussie bloke was going for Gold at the Athens olympics.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Steulen said:
By far the worst sport to watch is horse riding in any shape or form, but especially when they pop in some bland piece of music and make the poor beastie go sideways and all.

The really bad category comprises field hockey, golf, and Formula 1 racing after turn 1 on lap 1.

Honorable mention goes to ice skating.
Speed skating?

If so, you should be stripped of your Dutch citizenship with immediate effect.

twctopcat

International Regular
A good horse race is good to watch, especially a long epic like the grand national, real battle to the end!!!

Piper

International Captain
twctopcat said:
Judo and bowls i have to agree with but watching ronnie o'sullivan can be an absolute delight and darts at its closest can be v gripping, as can a 9-dart finish, possibly the rarest event in sport!!
The best ive seen snooker wise is when Ronnie hit the 147 in like 5 minutes.... wow five minutes out of mylife 8-) darts is only good when ur playing

twctopcat

International Regular
Piper said:
The best ive seen snooker wise is when Ronnie hit the 147 in like 5 minutes.... wow five minutes out of mylife 8-) darts is only good when ur playing
You saying you play darts then??? On the oche, Sam!! As for that 147, brilliant stuff.

cpr

International Coach
Is anything more boring than watching golf??

Suppose watching fishing would be worse.....

But then fishing isnt a mass spectator sport on TV watched by millions (about half of which have the nerve to call cricket boring.... my dad does exactly that.... about 2 seconds later he gets a good beltin for his troubles......)