• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Woes of NZC

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
"However in the past two seasons opposition batsmen have targeted Larsen, charging down the wicket in a bid to counter his accurate medium-paced deliveries. His RPO has slipped a little but the counter balance has been more wickets."

haha you repeated what was said on his profile page...
I know what was written on his CricInfo page, I read that about 6 years ago, and it's rather a stating-the-obvious case. It's pretty basic that that's likely to be the case for any very accurate bowler.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can I please dispel the above myth? McCullum has been a wicketkeeper since he was a primary schoolboy.
Said "myth" is not even a myth to be dispelled. I clearly stated that until recently I never realised McCullum had been a wicketkeeper since primary-schoolboy level, and was told such earlier this year.

JBMAC

State Captain
I think Fiery should take over the team AND I am not joking.
1.Has a sound knowledge of the game in all forms
2. Knows the history of his country's cricket which is important in instilling national pride in winning
3.Has a tenacious terrier type attitude that won't quit
4.Is prepared to listen and be objective, then be ruthless when he has to and get the job done
5. Has extreme loyalty to "the brand" no matter what the situation demands

All of the above are attributes of a good leader so NZCA you seriously need to change something so why not give him a go

AND NO i AM NOT TAKING THE PISS OUT OF ANYBODY i MEAN IT!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Would upset far, far, far, far, far too many people with far, far, far, far, far too many faux-pas about cheating oppos claiming catches and calling every other bowler a chucker for mine. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I'm a firm believer in the ability of Hamish Marshall. Of course he has amounted, to date, to a mediocre international batsman. However, I think there's a lot to be read into his improvement in first-class cricket (non-Test) after he started playing internationals. Grossly mishandled IMO.
Completely agree.

Flem274*

123/5
2. Knows the history of his country's cricket which is important in instilling national pride in winning
4.Is prepared to listen and be objective, then be ruthless when he has to and get the job done

All of the above are attributes of a good leader so NZCA you seriously need to change something so why not give him a go

Shotgun being selector and team motivator.

In all seriousness we should have:

John Wright=Speciaist Opener Coach
Martin Crowe=Batting Coach
Steve Rixon=Fielding Coach, Motivator, McCullums keeping coach
Dayle/Richard Hadlee=Seam Bowling Coach
John Bracewell=Spinner Coach
John Graham=Manager

Thats all we need IMO, no nutritionists or psychologists or whatever, they know what good food is themselves and John Graham and Steve Rixon are the guys players can confide in with confidence.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mate, nutritionists and sports-psychologists are among the most important parts of a team's repetoire. You'll never get as far without as you would with.

I often wonder how much people get confused over psychologists and sports-psychologists. Their roles are typically poles apart. Hence McGrath's ridiculous comments about MSP after he spoke to a sports-psychologist last year.

Flem274*

123/5
Mate, nutritionists and sports-psychologists are among the most important parts of a team's repetoire. You'll never get as far without as you would with.
I'm all for having a doctor but all this random baggage they have surely must be a waste of time. Doctor and Physio are all they need, sports psychologists should be used BEFORE tour and only on tour if there is a major issue.

Flem274*

123/5
Another thing, on the radio last night an Aussoe rang and he had some good points.

-the reason for our high injury rate is because of our climate in winter we have to train indoors on hard sufaces which over time do damage to players especially bowlers.

-we struggle because we come into the international season green, we should sign up internationals in grade cricket teams in Australia in july onwards as they'd be more than happy to have international cricketers in their line ups.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm all for having a doctor but all this random baggage they have surely must be a waste of time. Doctor and Physio are all they need, sports psychologists should be used BEFORE tour and only on tour if there is a major issue.
It's not a waste of time and it's certainly not random baggage. Too much is outdated in this game's coverage and reportage, too much "well they didn't need sports-psychs in my day" (that generation being the one which dominates most cricket coverage). Those of the newer generation should embrace the benefits of large backroom staffs without need to listen to these stuck-in-the-ways types.

Fiery

Banned

Thanks mate!! :)

Can we have an Aussie an Chairman of Selectors folks? :unsure:. Nah, sorry JB :p

Flem274*

123/5
Thanks mate!! :)

Can we have an Aussie an Chairman of Selectors folks? :unsure:. Nah, sorry JB :p
Shotgun selector

For the upcoming one day series:

McCullum
How/Bell/Ryder
Sinclair/Taylor
Fulton
Styris
Vincent (hunch he'd do well there)
Oram
Vettori
Mills
Patel
Martin

Franklin for Martin if fit

Whadiya reckon?

Fiery

Banned
Shotgun selector

For the upcoming one day series:

McCullum
How/Bell/Ryder
Sinclair/Taylor
Fulton
Styris
Vincent (hunch he'd do well there)
Oram
Vettori
Mills
Patel
Martin

Franklin for Martin if fit

Whadiya reckon?
Ryder, Taylor in. Swap Taylor and Styris's batting positions. Vincent needs to be punished and sent back to State stuff. Martin out and Franklin in. Someone needs to tell Flem to stop sulking about losing the captaincy and start playing ODIs again imo