• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's because we have very few sophisticated taste buds on these forums

Burgey still thinks MasterChef is a good show ffs
And you still choose to live in HK ffs. If it isn't oppressed it's diseased.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Amelia Kerr comes to mind. She bowls decent leggies at almost test pace. None of the female quicks could complete and the female batsmen don't have the hitting power for to level LOI batting.

Burgey

Hopefully everything goes smoothly. Have to stop there en route to Paris. Otherwise it might screw up my entire trip.
Obviously it's a concern, but it comes as a great relief to the rest of the forum that you had to go there, and didn't choose to.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Obviously it's a concern, but it comes as a great relief to the rest of the forum that you had to go there, and didn't choose to.
I'll share a few photos of the airport interior for you in the pics thread mate! Will be good entertainment.

Burgey

I've had the displeasure a few times tbh!

I hope everything's all right for you to visit Paris. It's a great city. Have you been before?

Flem274*

123/5
hong kong airport is ok. bit boring, but they all are. the transfer was quick and the staff were grouchy to be up so late but professional.

cnerd123

likes this
Which women could compete in top level men's cricket? Do you mean international cricket? Tests? Odis?
I mean professional mens cricket. Maybe not international, but perhaps FC/List A/T20. Some of the spinners and wicketkeepers in the women's game are excellent. Doubt if any of the batters or quick bowlers could make it - anecdotally it seems they hit their ceiling at the level just below that, but then again, none of them ever set out with the goal of making it at that level.

Flem274*

123/5
the fastest women are about 125kph, and there are plenty of dudes who make test cricket bowling that speed. if she were an allrounder especially she might have a solid chance.

realistically it would probably be a test batsman or spinner of some kind with the best chance. or a keeper.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
I mean professional mens cricket. Maybe not international, but perhaps FC/List A/T20. Some of the spinners and wicketkeepers in the women's game are excellent. Doubt if any of the batters or quick bowlers could make it - anecdotally it seems they hit their ceiling at the level just below that, but then again, none of them ever set out with the goal of making it at that level.
It would solve a problem Cribb almost faced a couple of months ago

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I've had the displeasure a few times tbh!

I hope everything's all right for you to visit Paris. It's a great city. Have you been before?
Never been to Europe before actually. My girlfriend was accepted into the Churchill Fellowship recently & was approved for a fully-funded trip to Paris, London & a few places in America to research & present a report on immigration policies + educational systems, etc. Very fortunate to be able to tag along with her as the fellowship is paying for all of her expenses so I won't be required to pay for any accommodation whilst I'm over there!

One week in Paris, another week in Amsterdam & then I get a chance to get away from the touristy destinations by spending a week in Périgueux. Not too shabby.

Burgey

Haven't flown Cathay in ages so haven't used it. Understandable one of the best hings going in HK is an airport lounge though, as a lot of people just want to get out of the joint. Bit like Brisbane in that regard.

Enjoyed the VA lounge in Heathrow. Any lounge where you can book a massage from your seat on the aircraft is a winner imo. Emirates ones in Dubai are good too.

Last edited: