• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Unofficial Bowling Awards

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well it's only fair to celebrate the bowlers too. So here are the nominees:

Nominees for Outstanding Bowler:

Test:
GD McGrath
SM Pollock
Harhajan Singh
Z Khan
M Dillon
SE Bond
SK Warne
Shoaib Akhtar
WPUJC Vaas
AB Agarkar (for those loyal ajit fans out there!)

ODI:
SM Pollock
GD McGrath
Shoaib Akhtar
Wasim Akram
RC Irani
AB Agarkar (just kidding)

Please submit your further nominees because I am sure I have missed out several deserving players.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Revised Nominations:

Test:
GD McGrath
SM Pollock
Harhajan Singh
Z Khan
M Dillon
SE Bond
SK Warne
Shoaib Akhtar
WPUJC Vaas
JN Gillespie
Saqlain Mushtaq

ODI:
SM Pollock
GD McGrath
Shoaib Akhtar
Wasim Akram
RC Irani
SE Bond
M Ntini
Shahid Afridi

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I couldn't go for Vaas as his 8-19 was last year not during this year...:(:(:(

[Edited on 13/12/2002 by Rik]

Mr Mxyzptlk

ODI:
SM Pollock
GD McGrath
Shoaib Akhtar
Wasim Akram
RC Irani
SE Bond
M Ntini
Shahid Afridi
Z Khan

Simon

Warney in tests, and ill go for Irani in ODI, hes a good player and has to play in a team like England, its a real shame.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
By wickets taken you would go for warne, but I dont think he's had to face a very competetive challenge.
I think for tests its a tie in with Gillespie and Akhtar

It'll be either Pollock or Wasim (for his outstanding oerformances recently)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by broncoman
Warney in tests, and ill go for Irani in ODI, hes a good player and has to play in a team like England, its a real shame.
Well it would be more of a shame if he had to play for a team as ****y as Australia...:P

anzac

International Debutant
interesting to read in the local paper today some quotes from 2 former international umpires.....

they claim that they lost their umpiring careers because they spoke out about Muri's action & never got another match after calling him, and they still reckon his action is illegal!!! Further to this they say his action has actually got worse since their run ins, as he no longer fears being called. They further claim that most umpires would call him but they are afraid of the influence of the Asian Cricketing Nations & loosing their careers as these 2 have done.....

I must admit that I have not seen him bowl for a while so I have no comment to make (and I am not an Umpire), but I did see Harbijhan bowl in the test v NZ and I thought his action looked like a flick or something at times......or was I just imagining things??????

ps - I am not deliberately trying to stir up anyone or any anti Sub continent sentiment etc....

:ticking:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I kind of noticed Kirtley's action, I see that after England's tour to Zimbabwe last year he was told to remodel his action.

He looks a bit like Kyle Mills with that whippy action & I wouldn't be surprised if there are drama's later in the series with Kirtley.