• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Tigers: Bangladesh News, Selection, Fanboying and Fury

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Donald was set for extending his contract for another year but then he thought otherwise because of **** happening around him in dressing room. He did not like chandika interfering with everything continuously and even reports suggest chandika barred few players meeting with other coaches. Then Donald was questioned for speaking his heart out by crooked bcb. Overall its right decision by donald not to hang around mob culture dressing room anymore. I think hes the best fast bowling coach we ever had and I’m not sure we’ll have anyone like him in future. A true gentleman also. He said he’ll be available to our players in the whatsapp group that he made with our bowlers. During his tenure, Taskin improved rapidly. He worked with Mustafiz’s outswing to left handers. Shoriful increased his pace. Made Ebadot the goat. Hasan Mahmud broke into the scene. Then he worked with Tanzid Shakib, Mushfik Hasan who are likely to lead our attack in future.

Take a bow Allan Donald.

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
We need to stop experimenting and look for a solid batting line up for future esp in tests.

1. Mahmudul Hasan Joy
2. Zakir Hossain
3. Nazmul Shanto
4. Towhid Hridoy
5. Shahadat Hossain Dipu

This should be our top 5 locked for future in tests.

ma1978

International 12th Man
Donald was set for extending his contract for another year but then he thought otherwise because of **** happening around him in dressing room. He did not like chandika interfering with everything continuously and even reports suggest chandika barred few players meeting with other coaches. Then Donald was questioned for speaking his heart out by crooked bcb. Overall its right decision by donald not to hang around mob culture dressing room anymore. I think hes the best fast bowling coach we ever had and I’m not sure we’ll have anyone like him in future. A true gentleman also. He said he’ll be available to our players in the whatsapp group that he made with our bowlers. During his tenure, Taskin improved rapidly. He worked with Mustafiz’s outswing to left handers. Shoriful increased his pace. Made Ebadot the goat. Hasan Mahmud broke into the scene. Then he worked with Tanzid Shakib, Mushfik Hasan who are likely to lead our attack in future.

Take a bow Allan Donald.
India needs to bring him on to train the next generation. What a star.

reyrey

School Boy/Girl Captain
ODIs were the Bangladeshis best format, but the game has moved on and left them behind. They will continue to fall further behind until they address their lack of T20 style big hitting.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It’s more of being technical rather than “big” hitting.

I see Maxwell simply bopping it over third-man with minimal “power”

reyrey

School Boy/Girl Captain
That's because Maxwell is physically very strong. The Bangladeshi batsmen are not. I've seen them in the gym training with weights and it was pretty embarrassing.

reyrey

School Boy/Girl Captain
How do know this? Evidence
Maxwell? He had a blog a few years back and spoke about his push/pull strength test which they sometimes do along with the yoyo test. He performed really well on the pull part. His strength is more god given than gym built though.

Just look at his forearms, probably bigger than the upper arms of any of the Bangladeshi batsmen.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maxwell? He had a blog a few years back and spoke about his push/pull strength test which they sometimes do along with the yoyo test. He performed really well on the pull part. His strength is more god given than gym built though.

Just look at his forearms, probably bigger than the upper arms of any of the Bangladeshi batsmen.
I need some of the weed you are smoking bro

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
This u19 team is extremely impressive. They got some genuine batsman and pace bowlers. Ashiqur Shibli and Arifur to look out for in batting department. Arifur taking the game away from India after impressive bowling by Mridha, Parvez Iqbal and Borshon the pace trio. Mridha looks to be bowling one bad ball every over but he comes back sharp. Their speed is impressive. Wasi the leggie still raw but something to work with. Skids the ball.

Last edited:

Aritro

International Regular
Fkn shamim the stupid **** chastising a kid for charging down the wicket and trying to smash it out of the ground in the 47th over of a match in which we were 252-4.

If you thought you'd escaped me banging on endlessly about Shamim (and his mate) being imbeciles, you thought wrong and I'm afraid to tell you I won't stop for as long as I have to listen to them.

Fair play to Shibli though. Well done to the kid.

Aritro

International Regular
^re: Shibli though, he's a total accumulator from the patches I've watched. with not too many crisp shots? Seems to be a Joy type batsman.

Dunno how well his game translates to top level international cricket.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
^re: Shibli though, he's a total accumulator from the patches I've watched. with not too many crisp shots? Seems to be a Joy type batsman.

Dunno how well his game translates to top level international cricket.
I’ve not seen enough too but looks like he soaks in pressure. There is obviously a gap between this level and when they go on to int’l level. I think not enough works being done in that gap. These guys are monsters at under 19 level and just can’t transform the same level of performance at int’ level. Shanto was the highest run scorer in the world in u19. I think its about time we address this issue seriously.

Aritro

International Regular
I’ve not seen enough too but looks like he soaks in pressure. There is obviously a gap between this level and when they go on to int’l level. I think not enough works being done in that gap. These guys are monsters at under 19 level and just can’t transform the same level of performance at int’ level. Shanto was the highest run scorer in the world in u19. I think its about time we address this issue seriously.
Wow, I didn't realise that. He's been a genuine mediocrity at international level until 2023 and still has a way to go before I'm anywhere near convinced.

That's pretty crazy. I thought the restored High Performance unit was supposed to fill the breach?

BKSP as well... or are the high performance unit and BSKP actually the same program these days?