• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Snooker Thread

Ali TT

International Debutant
Remarkable turnaround by Brecel, again. Command wait for a world title called on.

Meanwhile, Selby and Allen will still be playing tomorrow when the final is due to start.

Brook's side

State Vice-Captain
Brecel dropped off a bit from SF but still playing well.

Selby is such a completely different player than his SF that I'm honestly wondering whether he was deliberately missing balls, position, safety, just to somehow put Allen off his game. He was genuinely atrocious for most of the SF. Bewildering.

Molehill

International Captain
Selby gets the first ever WC final 147. Match evenly poised at 9-8 Brecel overnight.
I think that's the first ever 147 I've watched live from start to finish. It was interesting that the commentators didn't mention it till about the 8th red where as I think most of us were on it from about the 4th. It did look set up pretty nicely bar a couple of tough ones near the end.

Who knows what happens today? It ought to be the class of Selby grinding Brecel into too many mistakes and pulling away. But who knows with Brecel....

Brook's side

State Vice-Captain
Brecel saw it as a 147 chance from the red he left in the jaws. He smiled up at his supporters, and I thought he was thinking 147. Selby got a good split on the reds though which was obviously no certainty.

Seen loads of 147s, including I think Thorburn and Kirk Stevens (although can't be 100% on that). Last night was the first time I wasn't that bothered about it, but I don't like Selby so probably why.

Last edited:

Brook's side

State Vice-Captain
I was so confident yesterday morning of Brecel or Si beating Selby or Allen, that I considered laying off my 'winnings' on Si, by putting £400 (or possibly £200) on Brecel at 8/1.

Reason I didn't was that I wanted to stay loyal to Si.

Si/Brecel being beaten in the final wasn't even a consideration (although Selby has as it turns out, massively lifted his game since the SF).

Last edited:

Tom Flint

International Regular
Selby improved but with only 2 frames req he's playing too many loose shots. Like the break in this frame. You can't expect to turn round 16-11 starting a frame like that

Brook's side

State Vice-Captain
I love stephen hendry, think he's a great guy. Like him a lot as a studio pundit. But co-commentator...he just doesn't cut the mustard for me.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Should be wanting luca to win this but don't think he should after swiping the balls off the table against si