• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Snooker Thread

Brook's side

State Vice-Captain
This is the mirror image of the semi.

Si stood up, albeit just too late. Can Luca?

Btw, Brecel's numbers for the final are miles off Si's for the semi.

Brook's side

State Vice-Captain
Selby "it's not about me, it's all about luca today.....if i#d pushed the black over, but then double kissed the red, and then there was the yellow across the table, and i got on a good run...but then in the 32nd, again there was that pink....."

SHUT THE **** UP SELBY

Tom Flint

International Regular
Played luca, with him Wilson lisowski and the many young Chinese around there is a growing threat to the previous generation that have dominated the biggest tournaments in the last decade

Brook's side

State Vice-Captain
Played luca, with him Wilson lisowski and the many young Chinese around there is a growing threat to the previous generation that have dominated the biggest tournaments in the last decade
Dude.....Lisowski?????

There's 2 players in town and neither of them are English.

Molehill

International Captain
bbc miss the moment inteviewing selby for 10 minutes. :thumbup1:
They always interview the loser first, gives the winner time to compose his thoughts. And Luca definitely needed those.

Still not sure how he won that. As he pointed out, even his first round game went to a decider whilst Ronnie and Si should have put him to bed. But he lived by the sword and somehow never died by it.

I rarely watch snooker, but this was a decent tournament and a deserving winner in the end.

Molehill

International Captain
Ronnie O'Sullivan wins his 8th UK Championship title.
Some of his stats are Tiger Woods like they're so far ahead of some of the other greats. The youngest and oldest winner of the tournament, 30 years apart is just ridiculous. He didn't look that interested for much of this tournament, certainly wasn't at his best, but he got the job done.

reyrey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Some of his stats are Tiger Woods like they're so far ahead of some of the other greats. The youngest and oldest winner of the tournament, 30 years apart is just ridiculous. He didn't look that interested for much of this tournament, certainly wasn't at his best, but he got the job done.
And yet he still leaves the impression that he should have achieved more.

Molehill

International Captain
And yet he still leaves the impression that he should have achieved more.
Most genius are flawed - Tiger's the same. Mind you, Tiger had an incredibly supportive and driven father....Ronnie's was somewhat elsewhere engaged!!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ronnie wins another major tournament. This man is incredible. I wonder how much he could have won if he wasn't battling against himself as well as his opponent in many of his matches.

Molehill

International Captain
Ronnie wins another major tournament. This man is incredible. I wonder how much he could have won if he wasn't battling against himself as well as his opponent in many of his matches.
He was absolutely nowhere near his best this week and was undoubtedly battling his inner demons. His interviews were a mess and he was talking utter rubbish half the time. The first session of the Final he looked like he couldn't give a ****, but he turned up in the evening and blew Carter away (who fell apart under the pressure). He clearly hates Carter too and stuck the knife in post match as well.

If he wins the World Championship in May he'll get the 8-8-8 of the Majors.