• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Snooker Thread

Brook's side

State Vice-Captain
I'm supporting the Chinese kid.

However, and whilst I find him disappointing as a pundit, and vastly preferred the superb Alan Mcmanus who sadly doesn't seem to be there this year, Murphy has always struck me as being a very nice guy.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Incredible how few snooker players have come through the last few years.

Every year's just the same players a year older.
Brecel, Wilson isn't young but fairly new on the scene. It's not generally a sport you get breakthrough 20 year old other than the Chinese.
Players work their way through the pro ranks and gradually become well known towards their 30s I think

Brook's side

State Vice-Captain
Brecel, Wilson isn't young but fairly new on the scene. It's not generally a sport you get breakthrough 20 year old other than the Chinese.
Players work their way through the pro ranks and gradually become well known towards their 30s I think
You get new players coming through a lot less frequently now than 20 years ago. That's my perception anyway.

Average age of top 16 a lot higher than it used to be I'd guess (even with the charltons, griffithses, reardons).