• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Simon Katich Appreciation Society - Kat Is King

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
Never really liked him.

Stems back to having his off stump cartwheeled while leaving a ball on debut.

But time being what it is, I've softened my stand and I really respect success and hard work, something that Katich has lead the team in since his recall.

Also with Katich openning; its worked well because its what's best for the team not the individual. Katich better serves the Australian team as an openner rather than a 6 where he is too stodgy. In a crap team like a county or England he would be best at 4, but for the Australian national team it has to be open or nothing.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Also with Katich openning; its worked well because its what's best for the team not the individual. Katich better serves the Australian team as an openner rather than a 6 where he is too stodgy. In a crap team like a county or England he would be best at 4, but for the Australian national team it has to be open or nothing.
Opening or at #3 is where he bats best. Suited for top order batting.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Stems back to having his off stump cartwheeled while leaving a ball on debut.
Just in case anyone was wondering, said ball in question was an absolutely brilliant inswinger from Gough that would've fooled and dismissed near enough any left-hander.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Big fan of Katich myself. Seen him play for Derbyshire v Yorkshire in an FC game and he absolutely gunned it. WAG, looking for a better picture of him.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mods can we do something about the horrible puns in the middle of this thread. The Great Man shouldn't've have such poor humour used in a thread about him

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Mods can we do something about the horrible puns in the middle of this thread. The Great Man shouldn't've have such poor humour used in a thread about him
AWTA, I must have been smoking crack or something. Good job you dug this after BOTM :ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Love Kat, but as others have stated in this thread, no need to post a pic of him without any stubble.

Every pic of Katich should involve a mix of

a) stubble
b) dirty whites
c)
Everyone should note that Katich intentionally did not shave for the press conference. Opened it up by apologising for not shaving, but he did not want to hide his age. :laugh:

WAG

howardj

International Coach
Victim of the harshest ever dropping IMO.

Not this one, but in 2004 after he tonned up against India, and then was dropped for Symonds (of all people) in the 1st Test in SL.