• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "Should Have Played More Tests" Draft

Teuton

International Captain
A pretty simple idea, in this draft game you can only pick players who have played 25 tests or less, for whatever reason.
I will also add the rule that you need a minimum of 1 player who did not play a Test.

Everything else is as normal, 8 hours per pick, randomised/reversed round orders.

Looking for 10 or so players.

Post if you want to be in it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That is, he should have played tests, not that he will participate in the draft.

Burgey

Nah sorry SCC mate, not in. Drafts just not my thing tbh, and I remember on one occasion when I did one years ago, some ****wit whose name I can't recall now went on some diatribe saying how inappropriate it was for people to be late with draft picks. So that put me off them even more. I can't recall who that was but I don't think they post here any more. Like, the **** couldn't comprehend that people might have lives which preclude them from being online at all ****ing hours to pick a make believe team with an artificial set of parameters.

If anyone can remember who that sad **** was, I'd be grateful to them for jogging my memory.

morgieb

Nah sorry SCC mate, not in. Drafts just not my thing tbh, and I remember on one occasion when I did one years ago, some ****wit whose name I can't recall now went on some diatribe saying how inappropriate it was for people to be late with draft picks. So that put me off them even more. I can't recall who that was but I don't think they post here any more. Like, the **** couldn't comprehend that people might have lives which preclude them from being online at all ****ing hours to pick a make believe team with an artificial set of parameters.

If anyone can remember who that sad **** was, I'd be grateful to them for jogging my memory.
Sounds like watson.

Burgey

May have been. Genuinely can't remember. But it was ****ing hilarious in hindsight.

Teuton

International Captain
I think that's 9 so far.

Will definitely keep it open til the end of today to give those on the subcontinent and UK a chance to sign up. There is a big pool of players anyway so more than 10 ppl will be fine.

I have noticed that getting a top 5 or 6 pick will be a big advantage so i propose that we repeat the R2 order in R3 to make it a bit more fairer, before a re-randomisation in R4 (and R6 etc).