• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The return of Darrell Hair - well almost.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Again, care to point out where the sub-continent TEAMS blamed "everyone bar themselves" for their defeats? In particular, where did they blame the umpires, as you have repeatedly implied?

Also, the English team folded during the Ashes. Did that have something to do with Darrel Hair's sacking as well??
According to Fraz, the font of all knowledge pertaining to Pakistan:

Saw Inzamam's interview and he said that "level of umpiring definately needs improvement and I shouldn't be saying it on air but every one watched how was the standard of the umpiring in the first test match ." he further said "If the mistakes are balanced towards the both sides at the end of the match then we can say that it's a human error but if the momentum of human errors is only towards one side then what else we can say "

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
That's a pretty atrocious comment from a captain, actually. The first bit was par for the course, but effectively accusing the umpires of cheating is taking it way too far.

Fusion

Global Moderator

Saw Inzamam's interview and he said that "level of umpiring definately needs improvement and I shouldn't be saying it on air but every one watched how was the standard of the umpiring in the first test match ." he further said "If the mistakes are balanced towards the both sides at the end of the match then we can say that it's a human error but if the momentum of human errors is only towards one side then what else we can say "
If Inzi really did say that, then it's deplorable and there's no defence for it. However, this is the first I've that qoute. I'm going to question the source. Perhaps if Fraz reads this then he'll provide a link.
Nevertheless, I still don't see a pattern of "blame the umpire" from the sub-continent team like you keep implying. The Indians were very hard done by some calls in SA yet I didn't hear any team official blaming the umpire for their loss. And going back to your original point about umpiring standards declining, what concrete proof are you basing this on? Has the ICC released a study stating that umpire's ratings have gone down since Hair was sacked? Are you seriously implying that letting go of ONE umpire has had a drastic decline in overall standards of umpiring in cricket?

FRAZ

International Captain
If Inzi really did say that, then it's deplorable and there's no defence for it. However, this is the first I've that qoute. I'm going to question the source. Perhaps if Fraz reads this then he'll provide a link.
?
Geo tv !!!!!!
Geo captain's corner !!!
Rameez Raja interviewed him outside the ground . Why you guys always have doubts about my sources

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Since when was Inzy the voice of the sub-continent?

If he is then by God there's trouble.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Just to clarify, is there any confirmation that Inzy actually said that? Surely he'd be in line for all kinds of criticism if he did. I'm just stunned I haven't heard anything about it yet.

howardj

International Coach
Hair is straight up umpiring evil. How incredibly quick was he to jump to conclusions about Pakistan tampering with the ball. That rush to judgement simply would not have been made if Australia or England etc were in the dock. And then, showing no regard for the explosive situation he had created, he adheres strictly to the timepiece and declares the first ever forfeit in Test cricket history. He simply does not deserve to umpire in the International arena ever again.

social

Hair is straight up umpiring evil. How incredibly quick was he to jump to conclusions about Pakistan tampering with the ball. That rush to judgement simply would not have been made if Australia or England etc were in the dock. And then, showing no regard for the explosive situation he had created, he adheres strictly to the timepiece and declares the first ever forfeit in Test cricket history. He simply does not deserve to umpire in the International arena ever again.

Yep, gotta hate that rule book - 1 minute, 1 hour, what's the difference?

social

There are ways and means to defuse situations... before taking drastic action.
Drastic action was waiting for an hour - in between visiting the dressing room 3 times that is!

I'd say that Pakistan got what they deserved but given that they'd already been smashed in the test series, what was another loss on their record?