• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Expected first XIs

First-class:
*+H Mørk
GKK Dobson
JJD Heads
RJ Dauth
DA Kearsley
CR Dwyer
CP Thompson
SA Bennett
DM Kennett
DJ Watt
SV Raghav

That's the first XI right now. Luffy and Sharma fighting for the top three spots, Nayak, Reddlapalli, Ritchie and Gray with Thompson and Dwyer for the 6-7 spots, Clapham and Amir with Kennett and Watt.

One-day:
GKK Dobson
MD Luff
RJ Dauth
SA Bennett
DA Kearsley
ZJ Ritchie
*+H Mørk
DM Kennett
MU Amir
KR Clapham
DJ Watt

4 seamers, the spinners are expected to do part-time work. Bennett will be tried in a new role.

However, this may change after some preseason games. Not entirely sure where we'll play them, but with the squad being comprised of 19 players it doesn't seem entirely unreasonable to lure Western Australia over and ask them to lend us some players for a three-team tournament. Other suggestions welcome.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
My life has become like Chris Martin. I am being selected to the test squad only. Hope I get back to ODIs too.

But I am far too better than Martin with bat!

Look forward to good series for REDS!

GO REDS!

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Looks like a pretty strong team, think we should fair alright this season lads.

Hak can i catch you on MSN sometome to discuss some team matters, and grab the spreadsheet off you for this season???

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
First-class:
*+H Mørk
GKK Dobson
JJD Heads
RJ Dauth
DA Kearsley
CR Dwyer
CP Thompson
SA Bennett
DM Kennett
DJ Watt
SV Raghav

That's the first XI right now. Luffy and Sharma fighting for the top three spots, Nayak, Reddlapalli, Ritchie and Gray with Thompson and Dwyer for the 6-7 spots, Clapham and Amir with Kennett and Watt.

One-day:
GKK Dobson
MD Luff
RJ Dauth
SA Bennett
DA Kearsley
ZJ Ritchie
*+H Mørk
DM Kennett
MU Amir
KR Clapham
DJ Watt

4 seamers, the spinners are expected to do part-time work. Bennett will be tried in a new role.

However, this may change after some preseason games. Not entirely sure where we'll play them, but with the squad being comprised of 19 players it doesn't seem entirely unreasonable to lure Western Australia over and ask them to lend us some players for a three-team tournament. Other suggestions welcome.
Looking forward to the challenge of breaking into the FC squad this season :)

I like your idea of luring a few players over and playing our own 3 team tournament, as it gives more people the opportunity to find some form so we can come out firing first ball of the new season.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Looking forward to the challenge of breaking into the FC squad this season :)

I like your idea of luring a few players over and playing our own 3 team tournament, as it gives more people the opportunity to find some form so we can come out firing first ball of the new season.
I SECOND IT

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. It'll be nice for the batsmen, too, with WA's bowling :D

Wouldn't mind sending down a few offies... ;)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Always thought I was a better FC player than OD player. Must be 'filling a role' (H).