• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Presser - The Official Media and Press Room of the CWCA

DJellett

International Debutant
The CricketWeb Cricket Assosciation will use this space for all official announcements, presentations, press-conferences, interviews and general media/press related business.

Representatives of the press will be informed when media conferences are to be held.

DJellett

International Debutant
Members of the press, please be informed CWCA Vice-President Dick Biggs will be holding a press conference shortly, to address the rumours doing the rounds in Silly Point this morning.

DJellett

International Debutant
DB: Good morning ladies and gentlemen of the press.
This morning, Tuesday September 4th, a story was printed by the CWC-related publication Silly Point, relating to the naming of our inaugural first-class competition.
I have no knowledge of where Silly Point obtained the story, but I can indeed confirm that the First-Class competition the CWCA is launching will be contested for the Craig Walsh Shield. This competition is named in honour of the late Craig Walsh, a valued and sorely missed member of the cricket community here in Cricket Web. Craig was keenly involved in domestic cricket in Cricket Web almost from its outset, and it is a great honour to carry on his legacy with the naming of this shield.

I can also at this point reveal our One-Day competition will be contested for the Fardin Qayyumi Trophy. This trophy is named after the late Fardin Qayyumi, aka Bob, who was a vibrant part of the CricketWeb landscape, and who many say could have acheieved great heights as a cricketer in the real world. Again, the CWCA is honoured to be able to honour the legacy of these lost CricketWeb greats.

I will now open up the floor to any questions, after which the conference will conclude.
Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

DJellett

International Debutant
The CWCA officially confirms they will field 3 teams in the first season of a 6 team domestic cricket league.

The captains of these CWCA teams will be as follows;
JD Hurricane (Hurricane) - with DB Wayne (rvd619323) as vice captain
J Howe (Howe_zat) - with P Spark (Spark) as vice captain
S Delev (Johnners) - with A Sharma (Daemon) as vice captain

Further team and league details will be released shortly.