• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official Slag Off England Thread

anzac

International Debutant
IMO there is a difference to 'slagging' and being 'critical' (even if severely so)......

'slagging' is for the terrace elements, whereas you can be severely critical based upon current performances......

just because we may rubbish anyone for their current performance does not mean that we are 'slagging' or 'bashing' their past record - just their current form / tour / match....(or so it is in my case)......

e.g. - I've given my share of it to England re this tour, yet I have also said that I do not think they are 'the worst' and have actually improved under Hussain - I just think it's 'The Ashes' thing and playing v the Aussies (which very few teams can do credibly at the moment).

I only rate India & SL for Home Test & ODI Series, and would rate England above them for Away Test Series. As I rate Test cricket above ODI, this puts England ahead of them both in my book - regardless of any averages / records held etc. So what if Sachin is 'the best since Bradman' - bottom line cricket is a team game & India have a crap Test series record Away from Home!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Originally posted by anzac
I only rate India & SL for Home Test & ODI Series, and would rate England above them for Away Test Series. As I rate Test cricket above ODI, this puts England ahead of them both in my book - regardless of any averages / records held etc. So what if Sachin is 'the best since Bradman' - bottom line cricket is a team game & India have a crap Test series record Away from Home!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:
When comapring the 2 teams, its important to look at the result of the matches played between the two.India won the home series against England and drew the away series with England !
Now since India has a crap away record, then what do you make of England failing to win a 5 match test series against them on their own back yard???

anzac

International Debutant
sorry mate - the fact that India drew the Away series in England means jack **** when taken in context that they have not WON and Away series for 17 YEARS!!!!!!!

until they do I will reserve the right to my opinion that they have & will continue to have a crap Away record until they do so, and that their so called batting attack is only suited to OD cricket & their Home conditions.....a shame as they have some talent, but not the application!!!!!!

hey this means that if Zimbabawe come up with an Away series victory over Bangladesh b4 India wins a series, that they are a better Away team than India ....:lol::lol::lol:

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
until they do I will reserve the right to my opinion that they have & will continue to have a crap Away record until they do so,
Make it consistently winning away, otherwise a single away victory will weigh upon the past 17 years.

anzac

International Debutant
hey 1 Away series victory would be good, but does not count for much if it can not be backed up by further results within another 17 years!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

otherwise the only ones who will be getting excited will be the beloved 'terrace crowd' we all know and enjoy so well for their wit & insight into the game......
;)

andmark

International Captain
Rik said:
Roll Up Roll Up! Here's the chance you've all been waiting for...the chance to Slag Off England, the worst team in the World dispite the fact that they've only lost 3 Series in the last 3 years...the Team who a genius such as Merv Hughes feels need a new Captain...a Team who can't keep a player on the field for a day without getting injured...Roll Up Roll Up for the chance of a lifetime...:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Hey your English you must support Aus to do this.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
I know its a sarcastic thread like, but....

Hold up, we might be having a tough time of it, but its no reason to start slagging us off. We've had a ton of injuries for a start, im sure if Australia lost people like Ricky Ponting, Shane Warne (Yeah, australias answer to ash giles:D ) and a couple of seam bowlers for good measure, they would be in a right old pickle. anyway, one-day cricket was invented for lesbians like pakistan who cant play proper cricket well so they reduce the format dramatically, and change cricket forever. FACT