• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The MMA/UFC Thread

Niall

International Coach
Its harsh on Leon and I wish Colby had fought someone like Chiesa this year, but it is what it is and obviously not many options for Usman.

Its do or die for Colby though, this is his peak and in the last 2 years he has only fought a washed up TW. He's clearly good, but has he improved since their initial match? Skeptical while Usman seems to have developed some serious KO power.

Malcolm

U19 Vice-Captain
Leon getting robbed here. His career shaping up a lot like Tony Ferguson atm.
If Leon was anywhere near as entertaining as Tony, he would've got his title shots years ago. Sadly, Leon is a point fighter who has no killer instincts, and Dana isn't particularly fond of such fighters.

Niall

International Coach
Gane is a serious problem. Its all well and good that Francis has undeniable power, but Volkov and Lewis can bang and neither of them caused any drama.

Hopefully we get that fight before end of year.

Luque very impressive, obvious next fight for Usman when he beats Colby while Aldo proved he can still compete.

The Green v Fiziev fight was ****ing awesome, highly recommended.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea I missed the prelims but will catch it on fightpass.

Gane is legit, but must say I'm disappointed Lewis couldn't finish it with a bomb :(

Luque a much better fight for Usman than Colby. Maybe give him Masvidal in the meanwhile? He doesn't have anything booked yet does he?

Niall

International Coach
Not a thing ! Their was some mild chatter when it came to Burns but he will have plenty of options. Luque might be to dangerous for him, maybe fight Diaz for fortunes instead. Who knows with Jorge but yeah Luque deserves a high profile opponent next.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Casual MMA fan but Gane looked superb. So composed and seems like a chill guy. You wouldn't know he was fighting in Lewis's hometown or against a guy that can seriously bang. Beat him up.

cnerd123

likes this
Casual MMA fan but Gane looked superb. So composed and seems like a chill guy. You wouldn't know he was fighting in Lewis's hometown or against a guy that can seriously bang. Beat him up.
Gane was sparring partner with Ngannou, so he's not going to be afraid of much.

Niall

International Coach
Dana must hate Brunson now :tooth:

Till is young, but this is a terrible run he is on . He is young and has some nice wins in the past but he needs a win badly and sooner rather than later.

Pimblett is fun but suspect it ends in tears when he fights someone decent, very hittable tonight against a pretty average opponent.

Aspinall though looks the real deal, interesting when Dana sticks him in the ring with someone serious.

Niall

International Coach
What an absolute tool.

Looking forward to the PPV, despite the fear that Diaz looks terrible.

Class main event and always love watching Shevo murder people. Lauren Murphy best of luck.

Solid rest of card also.

Niall

International Coach
Looking forward to Santos v Walker for ages and the pair decide to have a proper cautious fight. :thumbdown

Looking at the fight nights its pretty grim stuff for next few weeks but Costa v Vettori October 24th and these 2 PPV'S back to back is good news.

That Usman card is absolutely insane.

Niall

International Coach
Santos if pressed, but I watched the fight as I wanted the two lads to bang.

I understand they both needed to win so they fought cautiously but meh.

After the Holland situation, Aspen Ladd fight off and a pretty rank main card all round, it needed a better main event.

Niall

International Coach
absolute banger of a card lads.

Islam is so good, I assume he beats the loser of Justin/Michael and then fights for the title.

Khamzat won by murder, enhoyed the Yan fight also.

Cool to see Glover champ, good bloke whenever he defends v Jiri its going to be an absolute corker.

Next week also looks absolutely stacked.

Niall

International Coach
Thinking about it,,,,Islam and Khamzat are just another level . Usman maybe has a chance against Khamzat if he can take it to the champjonship rounds if Khamzat has long covid, but I think Usman will retire before that fight happens.

Islam has a stacked division, but he murders Dustin and Charles .

Niall

International Coach
WOW!

Biggest upset in MMA history?

Cruz looked fantastic too

Can't wait for this main event. Hype hype hype

Anderson Silva losing?

But tbh yeah nobody and I mean nobody picked her at all.

Great card so far, O Malley and France were great fun for how short they were.

cnerd123

likes this
Nunes just gave up there at the end. Did not look as sharp as she usually does on the feet either. Pena showed a great chin and determination, what a performance.

Cody's chin is proper done. Feel bad for him. Was clearly the bigger guy in there too. Not sure where he goes from here. Maybe the O'Malley fight?