• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Kolpak Rule in force.

PY

International Coach
They aren't preventing him from working because as hourn stated they are just preventing him from competing in their competition.

Can't see how that is preventing him from working, because he is still able to work for Leicestershire, just not able to compete in their competition.

If it was like the FA and the Premiership, then the FA could accept the player to play in FA Cup but Premiership could refuse to let him play. Would they have to supply a reason? I don't know much about it so can't comment.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Samuel_Vimes said:
Mainly the fact that Henderson can sue the ECB in that case, because they are not allowing him to work, as it is restraint of trade under the EU legislation. And, if he goes high enough and is persistent enough, he will win, as shown in that case with Kolpak quoted higher up in the thread.

So basically its a case of the US sue all free for all mentality shining through... And sooner or later the two overseas player rule will mean absolutely nothing at all when individuals have more power than the bodies they play for...

Why hasnt this crisis happened earlier?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Why hasnt this crisis happened earlier?
It's taken a long time to learn the litigious arts which have long manifested themselves 'over the pond', but I think we're getting there.

Me to sue AMF for my knee in 5....4....3....

Craig

World Traveller
Langeveldt said:
I fear a player Exodus from SA Domestic cricket.. just like we have seen in Zimbabwe... I dont think this is good for anyone really...

Whats the point for an 18 year old to continue with his cricket?? When theres a 32 year old SA batsman who averages 30 playing every match??
Yeah that is the world, but because of some law they cant to jack about it.

Couldnt the ECB sat with the British Government and tried and got cricket excluded from it or legally it wouldnt of been possible?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Craig said:
Yeah that is the world, but because of some law they cant to jack about it.

Couldnt the ECB sat with the British Government and tried and got cricket excluded from it or legally it wouldnt of been possible?
Probably not, because cricket is seen not as a sport, but as a form of employment like all others....