• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Kane Williamson Average Watch thread

Will Kane average 50 in both ODIs and Tests at some point before Feb 2017?

• Total voters

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Seems like I was thinking

KW > Root = Smith > Virat.

I think as they are entering the last few years of their careers, I rate them right now in this order:

Smith > Root > Virat = KW

Not very long ago, I felt Smith and Root (and/or KW) would be the Lara and Sachin of this generation with Virat being the Ponting. Kinda sad that it looks like one of KW or Virat will end up being the Dravid and the other being the Ponting.

ZK$

U19 Cricketer
Kohli is finished. Root will struggle to score runs under the Bazball setup imo. Williamson is about to enter his peak.

ashley bach

International Captain
Kohli's finished? Got the feeling he's about to kick again. Hope you're on the money with K.W, but sounds a bit hopeful.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member

I think as they are entering the last few years of their careers, I rate them right now in this order:

Not very long ago, I felt Smith and Root (and/or KW) would be the Lara and Sachin of this generation with Virat being the Ponting. Kinda sad that it looks like one of KW or Virat will end up being the Dravid and the other being the Ponting.
I thought you'd put Root at no 1 - only one with a test 5-fer.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Assuming you're talking Tests, agree with that.

I've you're talking across all forms, it's probably;

Kohli>Root=Smith>KW

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
This really ranks up there as one of the worst calls on CW.

It was already pretty obvious (if not a well established fact) at the time that Smith was actually good.
There’s a surprising amount of others in the thread too rating Smith 3rd/4th.

ftr, this is what they looked at the original conclusion of this thread

Williamson 56 tests, 4648 @ 49.44 (14 tons)
Root 52 tests, 4500 @ 52.94 (11 tons)
Smith 47 tests, 4311 @ 57.48 (15 tons)
Kohli 52 tests, 4194 @ 50.53 (15 tons)

Gob

International Coach

2017 India was when he really broke away from the rest. 2015 Ashes is the main detractor of Smith up to 2017

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Yeah but there’s a difference between ranking him the worst of a bunch of awesome batsmen and outright saying he’s not very good lol