• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Inaugural World Test Championship

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
These things are both true, but one isn't related to the other. If it wasn't for penalty for slow over rate Aus would have made the final. I'm almost certain there would have been plenty of occassions in Tests during the last few years where over rate by a team was just as bad but wasn't penalised.
Was all David Boon's fault tbh

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India/NZ is a fair final though. Could definitely argue that Aus deserve to be there too but whichever system you use it was going to be "unfair" on somebody. If Aus cared so much about making the final they would have toured SA.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India/NZ is a fair final though. Could definitely argue that Aus deserve to be there too but whichever system you use it was going to be "unfair" on somebody. If Aus cared so much about making the final they would have toured SA.
Would be a bit farcical if Australia won the WTC after losing to India E at home. Probably should've been docked points instead of whatever they accumulated for that series.

Victor Ian

International Coach
You joke, but India E is all India has at the moment. Bumrah has not been all that, Kohli has been cactus and the other India A team players are all ****ed. But India E, have stepped up and filled the roles of those spuds immediately. India E would probably beat India A.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Were it not for the pandemic I would call for the final to be a massive flying circus, where the first four tests are played in the best cricket grounds outside test nations before climaxing at Lords

Flem274*

123/5
nah if we get shot out for 14 and cop the glee of the entire planet for daring to leave our perceived place i'll be too stubborn to leave for at least 6 months. i didn't sit through 2008-2012, the past two tours of aus and the english world cup theft to back down to the latest dregs.

i can and will spam that airport episode and footage of ganguly trying to bat in nz for 50k more posts if i have to.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
nah if we get shot out for 14 and cop the glee of the entire planet for daring to leave our perceived place i'll be too stubborn to leave for at least 6 months. i didn't sit through 2008-2012, the past two tours of aus and the english world cup theft to back down to the latest dregs.

i can and will spam that airport episode and footage of ganguly trying to bat in nz for 50k more posts if i have to.
Nah, you will just end up lashing out at Anderson even more and GIMH will have another cause to revolt about. :p

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
These things are both true, but one isn't related to the other. If it wasn't for penalty for slow over rate Aus would have made the final. I'm almost certain there would have been plenty of occassions in Tests during the last few years where over rate by a team was just as bad but wasn't penalised.
It's a bit of a nonsense that this has kept Australia out of the final. There must be better punitive ways to stop slow over rates. Ban the captain for a game or two, major run penalties whatever.

Paine has a bit of blood on his hands given his poo review from Cummins at Headingley also conceivably cost them a place (sliding doors, butterfly effect etc I know, but by and large).

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
If they move the other two tests from Lords and Edgbaston then that's totally ok, aren't they already selling tickets to those games?