• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Inaugural World Test Championship

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually that's a good point - what ball are they using? Who decides that and how?
Must be Duke if it's in England.

Hell, I'd be tempted to play Matt Henry. Jamieson Wagner Henry Boult Southee from 7. Back ourselves to knock them over by swinging it round corners. I don't genuinely mean that but it wouldn't be a bad idea, certainly no worse than playing Santner other than the runs he might bring.

I'd also play Conway in the two Test lead-up v England and he's in a straight shoot out with Blundell. Unfortunately it looks like Conway might have visa issues to contend with too.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Thought it would be a Kookaburra ball, since it’s an ICC event.

Pretty sure it’s not six days, as well.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Oh ok - be interesting to see where they might move it to, and how that ground typically plays.
Hopefully it can remain at Lords ... even though we’re playing there two tests before, nothing like having the final at the home of cricket.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Good to see from that article that the IPL is now schedUled to finish on may 30, will mean many NZ’s IPL crew should be available for at least the 2nd test.
The PSL issues might have made them try and make the IPL shorter too, which might help everyone really.

cnerd123

likes this
Imagine if they move it to the Narendra Modi Stadium

EDIT: I mean the WTC Final obv.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Good to see from that article that the IPL is now schedUled to finish on may 30, will mean many NZ’s IPL crew should be available for at least the 2nd test.
The issue for IPL is that the state elections are to be held in two of the franchise homes this year - Chennai (Tamilnadu) and Kolkata (West Bengal). The Bengal elections are staggered too, the TN one is on a single day. So that will be factored in as well.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Actually that's a good point - what ball are they using? Who decides that and how?
It’s the Duke. All ICC events use the local ball of choice for the format. The kookaburra is used in all international LO cricket, so in the past it’s always ended up being used for ICC events (save the 99 World Cup where they used the white Duke).

cnerd123

likes this
It’s the Duke. All ICC events use the local ball of choice for the format. The kookaburra is used in all international LO cricket, so in the past it’s always ended up being used for ICC events (save the 99 World Cup where they used the white Duke).
Usually for Tests the local country is playing. I wonder how they pick which ball to use in UAE Tests, for example? The Emirates Cricket Board is not deciding that right? So in that case does the 'home' team cricket board (PCB, ACB) pick?

If that's how it works, who is the 'home' team in the WTC match, given England aren't playing it.

sunilz

International Regular
WTC shouldn't be played at neutral venue imo. It should be played in either IND or NZ.

James

Cricket Web Owner
WTC shouldn't be played at neutral venue imo. It should be played in either IND or NZ.
I think it's fairer to be a neutral venue. Neither team gets an advantage of "home conditions", so you should get a better contest. In India, NZ don't stand a chance at all, and you could say the same about India but to a lesser extent in NZ too given their record in recent tours.

sunilz

International Regular
I think it's fairer to be a neutral venue. Neither team gets an advantage of "home conditions", so you should get a better contest. In India, NZ don't stand a chance at all, and you could say the same about India in NZ too given their record in recent tours.
NZ certainly gets advantage in England because they are already playing 2 tests in ENG even if we ignore that conditions in NZ/ENG are similar.

Hold it in AUS at Perth ?