• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Inaugural Agarkar Award

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Top_Cat
Well this fortnight's Agarkar Award goes to..........................

George Best

"For his horrendous attack on Australia, Australian sportspeople and his lack of knowledge of what the word 'jingoistic' actually means."
Oh Gawd what has he said now :rolleyes:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd like to know how many drinks he'd had before he made that statement. heh

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Tim
You beat me to it Tim...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Have another Beer George....

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Andre
Hehe, drink up George. Atleast England may then win a drinking contest! :lol::lol::lol:
You reccon? After Boonie's record on the trip over to England in 1990 or sommit? 50 cans of beer in a 24 hour flight I think :wow:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh he does sorta have a point...you Aussies gloat waaaay too much :lol::saint:

He has gone a bit far though. George, look at yourself in the mirror, you had to have a Liver Transplant :rolleyes: and why would that be? :rolleyes: I wonder :rolleyes:

[Edited on 11/12/2002 by Rik]

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Tim
He's given it up completely, and is enjoying his life more. Read Blessed - it's very good IMO.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by Bazzaroodoo
Still, he gets an opportunity that many people wouldn't to see one of the world's most beautiful countries, and get paid for the privelege!! :P
True, from all accounts, it is a fantastic place. I would love to visit it atleast once.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Another fine effort by Ajit.
Let's consider that Zaheer took 5/53 and the Kiwis collapsed on a pitch which assists the seamers. Ajit bowled 12 less overs, went for one more run and took 4 less wicket. Granted his only wicket was the all-important Shane Bond.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Only Mark Nicholas was...and that was when he 1st saw him in a ODI in India last year...

chris.hinton

International Captain
Agarkar is a talented player

Look at his stats

TESTS
(including 12/12/2002)
M I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St
Batting & Fielding 16 25 2 356 109* 15.47 50.21 1 0 3 0

O M R W Ave BBI 5 10 SR Econ
Bowling 504.4 112 1630 35 46.57 3-43 0 0 86.5 3.22

ONE-DAY INTERNATIONALS
(including 24/11/2002)
M I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St
Batting & Fielding 107 66 23 776 95 18.04 89.50 0 2 37 0

O M R W Ave BBI 4w 5w SR Econ
Bowling 909.4 49 4684 162 28.91 4-25 7 0 33.6 5.14

Only Joking his is Crap :baddevil::cool2:

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yea hes crap leave it at that ! should be banned from the Indian cricket team playing overseas , if he performs well in 1 game its probably 1) hes paid to , 2) hes been taking drugs

Well guys its seems to me that there are no shortage of Ajit's fans.Latest in the growing list of his fans are the cricket Bible Wisden.They have ranked Ajit as the 25th best ever oneday bowler in the world, above the likes of Bathom,Cairns and Walsh!!!

Well there are some Englishmen who l:Pve Ajit afterall!

V Reddy

International Debutant
Don't forget that Laxman dropped an easy catch of Richardson of the bowling of Agarkar. It was an easy catch. If he would have got that wicket then he would have got decent figures.