• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Inaugural Agarkar Award

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I suppose you all want to know why its Foster we chose...well he's a wicket-keeper and he can't sodding catch...what more do you need? :lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
From what I hear, he's not exactly a Stewart with the bat either.
He's not bad, but he's not great either...anyway Stewie is one of the best batsmen-keepers in the world, it's a hard enough act to follow, not that Foster even looks close to getting near him...:lol:

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Rik
I suppose you all want to know why its Foster we chose...well he's a wicket-keeper and he can't sodding catch...what more do you need? :lol:
And IMO there are better WK's around in the county game, who should have been picked ahead of him.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok guys, here it is...my 1000th post! And I chose to post in this thread to honour the legend that is Ajit Agarkar :D:lol: anyway I'd like to thank Rich, Orin and Mr. (What the hell is your name?) and everyone else for allowing me to reach this momentus landmark! I love you guys :lol::lol::lol:

Hehehe, 1000 is pretty cool though 8D

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
A Double Wicket Maiden for AA :O:O:O 3-22 off 11 overs...oh no...it means he's going to play :(:(:( :lol::lol::lol:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't worry. I'm sure he won't fail to disappoint. After all, he must have some appreciation for his legion of fans!:lol::lol:

Kimbo

International Debutant
hmmm, for NZ Brooke Walker was a pretty good pick. OR Tuffey.... he can often be shocking, but still tries hard... remember that time he lost the game for NZ vs the West Indies conceding a load of runs in the last over when he decided on bowling short....

Mr Mxyzptlk

No, he didn't bowl short. I remember Chanderpaul playing the paddle sweep at least twice off low full tosses. It was bad captaincey to have him bowling though. Fleming had a good few other, better options available and Tuffey had already had a bad day.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Sunil Havascar
hmmm, for NZ Brooke Walker was a pretty good pick. OR Tuffey.... he can often be shocking, but still tries hard... remember that time he lost the game for NZ vs the West Indies conceding a load of runs in the last over when he decided on bowling short....
Well its up to you and Tamara, Tim and James to pick the NZ Entry. Anyway I do like the guy but...as an International Cricketer he's just a bit out of his depth + nothing seems to go right for him! :lol: Which is needed for this list :lol: Anyway I didn't enter Tuffy as he destroyed England :lol::lol::lol:

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Sunil Havascar
What about I.Butler when England toured their he was being touted as a super up and coming player... however only had something like 4 FC behind him.... his performances were ok, but how has he developed???

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Rich2001
What about I.Butler when England toured their he was being touted as a super up and coming player... however only had something like 4 FC behind him.... his performances were ok, but how has he developed???
He's useful and if expensive but he's still too young to be NZ's option, he can still improve and he has something about him.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
From what i saw of Butler in the W.I, he had definately made a huge improvement in the tests anyway.

I think he'll develop quickly.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Well he definitely bowled well in the WI. He wasn't extremely successful but he tried and bowled with some pace.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by Rik
A Double Wicket Maiden for AA :O:O:O 3-22 off 11 overs...oh no...it means he's going to play :(:(:( :lol::lol::lol:
He was likely to play in any case. In these conditions, it is better to play atleast 3 pacers and Yohannan, as has been the trend, has very clearly been brought as a tourist.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Still, he gets an opportunity that many people wouldn't to see one of the world's most beautiful countries, and get paid for the privelege!! :P

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Right so we have Foster from England and AA from India...votes for the other contestents please :) then we can get the ones from SA and Zimbabwe sorted...

Top_Cat

Well this fortnight's Agarkar Award goes to..........................

George Best

"For his horrendous attack on Australia, Australian sportspeople and his lack of knowledge of what the word 'jingoistic' actually means."