• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ICC Super Series

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
New Zealand have certainly been one of the luckier sides of recent years in Test-cricket - though that luck has finally run-out from The Third Test of the South Africa series.
In ODIs, they've got plenty of good players.

Duncan

U19 Debutant
Richard said:
New Zealand have certainly been one of the luckier sides of recent years in Test-cricket - though that luck has finally run-out from The Third Test of the South Africa series.
In ODIs, they've got plenty of good players.
Hasn't New Zealand been crap in tests... they even managed to lose to Pakistan at home.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You're a complete dimwit if you think otherwise.
"Playing as a team" doesn't cause rain, flat pitches or abandoned Test-matches.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Which of rain, flat pitches or abandoned games hit this so called superb team of 57 then?

Oh yes, that'd be none of them.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't know how many hit West Indies '57, I wasn't talking about them.
New Zealand, however, benefited from their opponents being hit with all three - and it made them look a hell of a lot better than they were. It had precisely nothing to do with "playing as a team".

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
With the super-series sqauds being announced during the lunch break, i'm going to play the guessing game and try to pick the squad that might be announced:

14-man ODI sqaud:

1. Brian Lara * - Captain
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Graeme Smith
4. Rahul Dravid
5. Inzamam Ul-Haq
6. Kumar Sangakara + - Keeper
7. Andrew Flintoff
8. Chris Cairns
9. Shaid Afridi
10. Shaun Pollock
11. Shoaib Akhtar
12. Muttiah Muralitharan
13. Makhaya Ntini
14. Jaques Kallis
15. Steve Harmison
16. Sachin Tendulkar
17. Chaminda Vaas
18. Daniel Vettori
19. Abdur Razzaq
20. Yousuf Youhana or KP

13-man Test Squad:

1. Brian Lara * - Captain
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Graeme Smith
4. Rahul Dravid
5. Jaques Kallis
6. Inzamam Ul-haq
7. Kumar Sangakara + - Keeper
8. Andrew Flintoff
9. Shaun Pollock
10. Shoaib Akhtar
11. Muttiah Muralitharan
12. Anil Kumble
13. Steve Harmison
14. Sachin Tendulkar
15. Daniel Vettori
16. Makhaya Ntini
17. Michael Vaughan
18. VVS Laxman
19. Younis Khan
20. Brendon McCullum

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
i think they are naming 20 for each today, then reducing it later - interesting to see if Harmison gets added to the ODI squad after his perfromances against the Aussies

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
i'm 95 % sure that Harmison will be picked, the 5% is for the possible stupidity of the super series selectors.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
well he wasn't included in the initial selection for the ODI's but they did say that people not on the list still had a chance - which makes a mockery of the selections in the first place

Steulen

International Regular
I guess there will be a lot of sleepless nights for Brendon McCullum and Mark Boucher at the prospect of having to keep to Murali.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Test

Flintoff
Vaughan
Harmison
Dravid
Tendulkar
Sehwag
Kumble
McCullum
Vettori