• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Honey Badgers

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Captain: S Delev
Vice-Captain: A Sharma
Media Manager: TBA

Code:
[B]FORUM NAME	PLAYER NAME	BAT	BOWL	ROLE	STYLE[/B]
DJellett	D Jellett	100	0	BAT	NOR
G.I.Joe	        GI Joe	        100	0	BAT	NOR
BackFootPunch	BFP Kirk	100	0	BAT	DEF
Quaggas	        O du Toit	100	0	OPEN	NOR
Viscount Tom	C Ardley	95	5	WK	AGG
IamSpartacus	B Smythe-Smith	92	8	BAT	NOR
Jager         	L Townsend	85	15	BAT	AGG
Cabinet96	O Wood	        60 	40	A/R (S)	A/N
Garson007	D Garson	58	42	A/R (M)	DEF
AndyZaltHair	S Zadran	30	70	A/R (F)	AGG
Johnners	S Delev	        25	75	FAST	AGG
Marcuss	        M Deen	        19	81	A/R (S)	NOR
ganeshran	A Fagina	10	90	SPIN	AGG
MrPrez	        M Morkel	1	99	FAST	NOR
Daemon	        A Sharma	0	100	FAST	AGG

Last edited:

Johnners

Welcome one and all!!

Looking forward to a very competitive first season of CW Cricket. With a squad of 15, and several different formats, everyone will get their chance to shine so don't worry if you're not in the first XI to start with.

Also note the picture isn't permanent, just a random one from googling. If anyone is a PS guru, or knows of one, would most appreciate if they could organise for a proper logo to be made. Not sure re: team colours, obvs Black and white, but maybe a hint of yellow/gold in there as well (i.e Honey)??

Oh, and we're looking for someone who can do a bit of writing of random player profiles/interviews/smut pieces dissing the opposition etc.

Agent TBY

International Captain
I hereby declare this your theme song.

Lyrics:
Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger
Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger
Late cut, Late cut!
Ack! He nicked it to slip, a slip... ohhhh it's a slip! It's a...

You're not allowed to reject this suggestion.

Last edited:

DJellett

International Debutant
Quick Google/Paint job, not skilled in PS though so if someone can come up with something slicker (won't be hard :p) I've got no objections.

DJellett

International Debutant

Perhaps along those lines for FC.

For OD and T20, same format with white sleeves, black main and gold trim in the side panels and on sleeves. Can do something on Paint refelcting this later if it is deemed appropriate; no time now, big footy final about to start!

uvelocity

International Coach
I hereby declare this your theme song.

Lyrics:
Late cut, Late cut!
Ack! He nicked it to slip, a slip... ohhhh it's a slip! It's a...

You're not allowed to reject this suggestion.
lol

Johnners

Hmmm, solid start, was thinking more black 'n white, and less yellow/gold though (mostly because Honey Badgers aren't actually yellow in any way :p), and that it be a little more vicious looking! Have just sent a pm to a bloke who might be able to whip up something (if he cbf) in PS. Will have a bit of a fiddle around with a kit creator later on as well

Am a fan of "The Den" for the ground name.

Also thinking of the following for pitch condtions:

Pace: 7
Movement: 4
Spin: 4

(or 8/4/3)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hmmm, solid start, was thinking more black 'n white, and less yellow/gold though (mostly because Honey Badgers aren't actually yellow in any way :p), and that it be a little more vicious looking! Have just sent a pm to a bloke who might be able to whip up something (if he cbf) in PS. Will have a bit of a fiddle around with a kit creator later on as well

Am a fan of "The Den" for the ground name.

Also thinking of the following for pitch condtions:

Pace: 7
Movement: 4
Spin: 4

(or 8/4/3)
Nino would probably do it if he had the time. Or he is the guy you PM'd?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Awesome name. For the clueless and ignorant, please dig up some youtube videos of the Honey Badger's badassery.

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
I vote for 8/4/3. We mostly have fast bowlers, with two medium (both batting all-rounders) and one spin.

Johnners

Wood is actually a spinner (just updated his rego), meaning we have 5 fast/medium options and 3 spin options. With this in mind I think the 7/4/4 option is perhaps best.

EDIT: Although the other teams arguably have stronger spin options, but then I'd imagine 4 spin isn't really THAT beneficial to spin-bowlers.

Also, Jager, if you were to bowl, what type of bowler are you? (I ask because I assume you'd have to have some sort of data for this)

Last edited:

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, I think that's okay. Just worried that there might be a lack of seaming wickets - FATB seem to be gunning for a wicket with no seam.