• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Green Thread

Loony BoB

International Captain
That's because, unlike us, they have 'issues'. We're just cool. I suppose this is where people can discuss the reasons why we're cool. ...Or something.

Seriously, though, uhmmmm, I'd say we're doing pretty well although we're definitely suffering most with the CWXI team taking up our top five. I'm sure we can get back on track, but we have to do that extra bit better.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Yes, steds, we understand that when you're down something like 5-1 to us you need all the sympathy support you can get, but surely you should just throw that into your signature and be done with it? :p I can't see you getting any here.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone that has any requests as to the way things are done in games (in terms of selection, batting orders, bowling orders etc) can make suggestions and they will be noted.

Majin

International Debutant
Well yeah, I would like to have a go at being a pinch hitter in the OD games, But I'm pretty happy just being in the team altogether, i'd just like a go, that's all. :}

Don

State Vice-Captain
after another loss i have a suggestion.i suggest that we have all the players live in one house so we can form good bonds so when were out in the middle we can understand each other better and have better partnerships.also i say hire a bowling and batting coach

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
wow our own thread. :happy:

A few of us are just a bit low on form at the moment. We played just about the whole start of the season with a similar team and have now lost 1/2 of it to CWXI. But we will turn it around because as Don says We Are The Green Machine. :p

Majin

International Debutant
I'd just like to point out that Age Master is probably the coolest australian guy ever. We should give it up for our captain, and turn in some wins.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Sucking up will get you nowhere :p. we ALL have to combine better as a team and turn in some much better performances - than the wins will come.

Don

State Vice-Captain
i wasnt sucking up *coughiwascough*.all i was saying is we need to do our captain some justice and makw him look good

Majin

International Debutant
Actually I wanted to get the team to come together and Try hard, but then when I left the net cafe I was liek "uhmm..that was a bit ****."

Oh well, never mind. xD

Don

State Vice-Captain
looks like we lost again.im sorry guyz i should have perfromed better.ill try to concentrate next time its just that ive got some issues.

Don

State Vice-Captain
hey we won again thats great.i can tell u why i scored so well and so slowly.i wanted that game to go on 4eva so i wouldnt have to face reality

Loony BoB

International Captain
After the most recent stats release, I got a bit concerned. Look at these figures...

Code:
Pre-season in comparison to now, with the bat...

Player            Pre-Season    Season 7    Difference
Blewy               32.84         35.93       + 3.09
Sanz                12.82         13.80       + 0.98
Nathan Hoy          19.00         19.57       + 0.57
Yaju Arya           12.90          -.--         -.--
Rob Timewell         -.--          8.17         -.--
Abil Dewan          27.38          -.--         -.--
Cloete              57.05         56.96       - 0.09
Jamee999            27.93         26.53       - 1.40
Xavier Rose         22.55         19.40       - 3.15
Age Master          31.63         27.95       - 3.68
Delkap              15.00         10.83       - 4.17
Majin               35.00         29.65       - 5.35
Waughney            36.00         29.17       - 6.83
David Jr.           14.70          6.78       - 7.92
Biased Indian       32.00         24.00       - 8.00
Eyes Only           32.36         20.23       -12.13
Lord of Darkness    32.26         19.78       -12.48
Loony BoB           35.00         21.00       -14.00
Don-Anthony Lezama  34.00         11.00       -23.00

If we're to look at bowling averages...

Player            Pre-Season    Season 7    Difference
Cloete              63.44         36.00       -27.44
David Jr.           38.18         26.72       -11.46
Majin               32.00         25.05       - 6.95
Waughney            24.00         18.50       - 5.50
Xavier Rose         24.10         23.74       - 0.36
Delkap              23.00         23.56       + 0.56
L.o. Darkness       34.07         35.13       + 1.06
Sanz                32.22         36.21       + 3.99
Nathan Hoy          19.00         22.66       + 3.66
Rob Timewell        20.38         26.33       + 5.95
Biased Indian       28.00         40.53       +12.53
I'm not sure how this compares with the rest of the teams, but it's not very encouraging. We really, really need to think about the way we're batting in 5D games... we've only had one player improve on his batting average since the season began. I'm pretty confident we're doing a lot better in OD's and 25Smash, so we know we have potential... but how do we harness it in the long game?

EDIT: Great going to the bowlers as a group this season, though. I've admired you all.

EDIT: Fixed stuff.

Last edited:

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Bob,

Blewy's average increased by 3.09. Sanz also increased.

LoD bowling average increased.

But is a great breakdown of our season and shows just how much we have struggled at times.