• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Green Thread

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I say yes. I nominate Raftery for Bar Manager, has the experience. Plus i don't trust Corrin behind there.

cpr

International Coach
I say yes. I nominate Raftery for Bar Manager, has the experience. Plus i don't trust Corrin behind there.
Reckon i should be treasurer tbh, if you cant trust a taxman with your hard earned money then.... oh, bar man it is then.

Probably will be active in here for a bit, will just be the period where i've no net at the new flat, so might miss the start of the season. Infact, probably will. So if i dissapear next week and you dont see us for ages, let them know i'm still active (pick more active Greens over me, dont mind that, just dont let them declare me inactive)

Matteh

Gundry, Cunningham, Gonzalez left to sign in.

Gundry i'll email, Gonzo's on MSN a fair bit, is just a case of catching him.
Anyone got an email for Cunningham? Not sure offhand if i do.

Matteh

Yeah usually, but he's also got that bundle of joy/life-ender coming up at some point in the near future.

gio

U19 Cricketer
Alright guys, I'm new to the Greens having just been assigned the other day. Hopefully I can make an impact this season.

My profile:

Name: Donald Chapman (gio)

Never much of a batsman, my average is just 10, I score my runs at a slow rate (SR: 25) and am often used as a night watchman. My skills lie in my leggies, where I have a healthy average of 26 at just 2.8 rpo. I'm a useful fielder who's strength lies in agility, but struggles with a poor arm (fielding ability 21). I'd suggest I need a strong captain, as I can go for runs now and again - perseverence is the key, as with any leggie.

So who's my competition? Any budding Warnes out there, to leave me rotting in the reserves?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Alright guys, I'm new to the Greens having just been assigned the other day. Hopefully I can make an impact this season.

My profile:

Never much of a batsman, my average is just 10, I score my runs at a slow rate (SR: 25) and am often used as a night watchman. My skills lie in my leggies, where I have a healthy average of 26 at just 2.8 rpo. I'm a useful fielder who's strength lies in agility, but struggles with a poor arm (fielding ability 21). I'd suggest I need a strong captain, as I can go for runs now and again - perseverence is the key, as with any leggie.

So who's my competition? Any budding Warnes out there, to leave me rotting in the reserves?
Haha, I just crossed over from Colts for the chance of more gametime. I bowl left arm orthodox, but have a pretty mediocre record thus far in the game. Tend to just keep things tight without ever getting to many wickets.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Green's main spinner retired at the end of the last season, so I'd say you're in with a good shout at some solid game time this season. Jack Mac (vic_orthdox) is probably your main competition.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

My profile:

I'm a leggie but I initally joined as a batting all-rounder. Seem to be drifting more towards bowling all-rounder these days, looks like I might struggle for a game this season actually, what with two new spinners :unsure:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Gundry played quite often as 2nd spinner with Halsey. So if he comes back, one would think he would be favorite for OD spot. The FC spot you would think is anyones.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Gundry played quite often as 2nd spinner with Halsey. So if he comes back, one would think he would be favorite for OD spot. The FC spot you would think is anyones.
Think I actually outbowled Halsey last year though, could be wrong