• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Final - Portugal vs Greece

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
im shocked actually, i really cant believe Greece won, all in all i was extremely dissapointed with the tournament, im all for the top players and the top teams playing each other in crunch matches, well done to greece anyway, maybe id be happier had i taken some of the 150-1 on them!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
broncoman said:
im shocked actually, i really cant believe Greece won, all in all i was extremely dissapointed with the tournament, im all for the top players and the top teams playing each other in crunch matches, well done to greece anyway, maybe id be happier had i taken some of the 150-1 on them!
Well, Greece is the top team now. They beat France, fair and square, and even deserved. They beat the Czechs, probably deserved (didn't watch the game). And they beat Portugal, quite well deserved win too. It's not their fault the top players were awful :)

Simon

yes they won the european championships, but i dont think they are the best team, well done to them, they deserved to win the competition, but i dont think they are better than some of the teams they beat.

Simon

yeh they probably would hey, i think we can give em are run for their money :)

Greeces' performance actually got me thinking about Aus, IMO them winning Euro 2004 is about the same as us making the semis of the 2006 world cup, thats unlikely to happen, but wouldnt it be great!

Simon

marc71178 said:
You've got to actually qualify for the World Cup first!
we will get there, this time we actually have depth, we are starting to play more games as a team and hopefully our top players will be in good form, if so we really should beat the 5th placed south american team whoever it is....

Simon

chris.hinton said:
yep they did 3-1 in march 2003
12th February 2003 to be exact chris..... goal scorers Popovic, Kewell and Emerton for those who need their memory refreshed!

Simon

our draw with the solomon islands was a meaningless game for us as we already were guaranteed to be through, not to mention our top players didnt play.
the same cant be said for aus v eng....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
James Beattie played - is that not enough for you to realise that it wasn't that strong a side.

Plus, it wasn't actually a qualifier.

So, the same can't be said - that game was more meaningless than the Solomons match.

Simon

James Beattie was leading goalscorer in the premier league at the time, u can say its a friendly as much as you want but as it stands beckham, scholes, owen etc... all played and harry kewell made rio ferdinand look damn right silly.....