• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The fastest bowler you have ever faced?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Okay here are some pictures from Jampore Beach Daman (a formal portugese colony in India) 14th August 2006

The Setting : The beach is lovely though the sand is very dark. It had rained all night so the moment you found a spot to start batting from and stood there bat in hand, pools of water started forming around your feet as the water came up with the weight of the body.

But it was lovely.
Vweue naarsh. :)

Where are you? :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Well, the batting was of the twenty twenty variety. I stood out like a sore thumb with my playing around the ground. Our team would probably have won if someone had managed to get me out. :sleep:

The feet dont move, the paunch is ugly but the elbow is high enough for the backfoot cover drive :)

Attachments

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The only old man in the pictures.

Youngsters dont play backfoot cover drives any more...not with a straight bat :)
True, but don't worry I'm a huge player of the hook shot, so the back foot tradition is alive and well.

A minor detail but when I play it, but the ball usually connects with my face.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I agree :) ! 20/20 will promote cricket worldwide. Not forgetting the extra revenue clubs will get from hosting matches and TV rights.
Well, it's not called the "Twenty20 is Useless Society" or the "Twenty20 has no place in the game Society" - the name says it well really - it's boring. It could well bring people to the game, or promote the game to parts it would have little exposure to otherwise. It could also very well be great for domestic cricket and generate much-needed revenue for domestic sides that could possibly go into grass-roots development. However, it's still boring to watch IMO - and that's the point - not to debate it's importance or its role, but simply to question its entertainment value.

Anyway, there's a thread for it elsewhere, so I won't rant on forever.

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
You'll have to dig up that thread then. Why do u find 20/20 so boring? its got everything. Its the most open competition in the country, plus to actually be in the crowd at a match is terrific.