• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Draft

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Whilst im in the mood of asking question, may i continue. I was just wondering how much effect the number of matches have on a player consistancy and overall performance. I know in some sims they have major effect, just wondering how much effect it has in the sim used for this game.

Question 2. For players like Gary Sobers who bowled both pace and spin, what would determine the type of bowler they are.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
Spin assistance (1 to 11) -
Medium pace assistance (1 to 11) -
Quick bowler assistance (1 to 11) -

This is what I had in mind when I asked that. If someone is fast-med or med-fast, and you have 11 for medium pace but 1 for quick, are they going to benefit from it? Are quicks just the Brett Lee's and Imran Khan's of the world, or anyone quicker than Paul Collingwood?
I think it'll be of some benefit to the fast-med and med-fasts to be honest, but it's not something I've ever even thought of testing!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chaminda_00 said:
Whilst im in the mood of asking question, may i continue. I was just wondering how much effect the number of matches have on a player consistancy and overall performance. I know in some sims they have major effect, just wondering how much effect it has in the sim used for this game.

Question 2. For players like Gary Sobers who bowled both pace and spin, what would determine the type of bowler they are.
Part 1 - ITC does use player form to a degree (calling it morale) - managers will be able to make morale and ratings checks (as the games gives each player a batting bowling and fielding rating for each game then keeps updating it)

Part 2 - In this rare case, you can only select them to be bowling one type of action, will check if it can be changed between matches, but it certainly can't change during the match!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Funny you should say that Kyle, because Liam and I had initally thought of doing it for an ALFTA 3, but the time gap meant that WCC had the chance to use it - but one or 2 people took offence.

When and if there is an ALFTA 4 I fully intend to bring in some form of salary system, because I know that whilt the managers involved in ALFTA all want to win, they also realise it is just a game and so are mature to accept something which makes them think about what they're doing more.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
hey marc thanks for answering those question just wondering if you could answer this one
Does someone like Clyde Walcott meet the requirements of a keeper, he kept in 15 of his 44 Tests?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I think he'd be a keeper, just not a particularly good one. Would be a nice pick for a backup keeper though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
I think he'd be a keeper, just not a particularly good one. Would be a nice pick for a backup keeper though.
That's just about spot on - he'd be a bit of a sort of emergency option I'd say, more than a first choice.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
We're aiming for a 2-3 day turnaround maximum for the draft.

Assuming I hear no problems by Sunday, I shall post up the first draft list for managers to make their selections.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Round 1 picks:

Western Vikings - DG Bradman
Penguins Of King George - JC Laker
Testing Forum CC - RG Pollock
Leicestershire Foxes - AC Gilchrist
Bunnies - A Flower
Rohan Riders - CE Ambrose
Dynamo Morpork - GA Lohmann
Great Northern CC - GStA Sobers
Toronto Tornados - SF Barnes
Dyslexic Dymanos - JH Kallis
Jaffna Jets - M Muralitharan
Sandgropers CC - KF Barrington

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Round 2 list - will be running this on Friday evening UK time (as I'm away all weekend, that'll take up round 3)

AUST_HiTMaN
chaminda_00
vic_orthdox
garage flower
superkingdave
Samuel_Vimes
Mister Wright
age_master
Jamee999
andyc
FaaipDeOiad
Hoggy31