• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW Cup: battle of the association football teams

Steulen

International Regular
You are all scum. Except for a few enlightened souls of course. Special kudo to MF7 for voting correctly twice.

PSV of course.

And Exeter. After voting for Partick twice, time for a change.

Indipper

State Regular
You are all scum.
Philips cheated me out of my 11th birthday present by manufacturing nothing but defective crap. Ajax on the other hand had Dennis Bergkamp and basically every other cool Dutch player ever except Rensenbrink and van Hanegem. Hm, tough choice.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You are all scum. Except for a few enlightened souls of course. Special kudo to MF7 for voting correctly twice.

PSV of course.

And Exeter. After voting for Partick twice, time for a change.
Still reeling from you voting for Celtic tbh

Steulen

International Regular
Philips cheated me out of my 11th birthday present by manufacturing nothing but defective crap. Ajax on the other hand had Dennis Bergkamp and basically every other cool Dutch player ever except Rensenbrink and van Hanegem. Hm, tough choice.
Haha, yeah. the brand of perfection, Philips <cough>. The fact that the P in PSV stands for Philips is probably the #1 reason why they are the least supported of the three Dutch giants (Feyenoord being the third, as fallen as they are).

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well there we have it. Ajax prove they are the Dutch masters with a comfortable 10-4 win.

Meanwhile in the main draw the plucky Grecians' challenge ends to the, er, plucky Partick Thistle, who become our fourth and final semi-finalists with an 8-6 win.

So our semi-finalists are:

Wellington Phoenix
Tranmere Rovers
FC Barcelona
Partick Thistle

An eclectic mix, it must be said.

I'll put up both semi-finals now (seems pointless not to as it's obvious which teams will contest the second tie when the first is posted), but leave them open for 48 hours (unless there's a ten point mercy-kill or we go, say, 12 hours without a vote) to give all a chance to vote.

So the randomiser says:

1. Tranmere Rovers v 2. FC Barcelona

3. Partick Thistle v 4. Wellington Phoenix

Steulen

International Regular
By sheer force of logic:

Vimes voted for Ajax over PSV
I therefore hate Vimes
Vimes believes there can only be one winner
The smugness is unbearable as he picks Barcelona
I therefore vote Tranmere
GIMH becomes a happy man

Oh, and back to my old favourite Partick Thistle

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
By sheer force of logic:

I therefore hate Vimes
GIMH becomes a happy man

Oh, and back to my old favourite Partick Thistle

If you really want to upset Vimesy, vote for the Phoenix. Apparently, they're not a football club ;)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
By sheer force of logic:

I therefore hate Vimes
GIMH becomes a happy man
a stone cannot fly, Steulen cannot fly, ergo, Steulen is a stone...