• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The closest batsman you have ever seen to Don Bradman

Slifer

International Captain
No one. Some players have mimicked aspects of the Don but never the entire package. For example, Smith for a while had the Bradmanesque 100s conversion, I think he had one every less than 3 tests at one point. But Smith never got close to Bradman's ability to produce gargantuan innings on a regular basis or produce monstrous series. Lara had the monstrous series and scores but they were far too spread out to be remotely comparable to the Don.

JBMAC

State Captain
The difference between Bradman and the other is daylight. Having said that if you are looking at "Close To,s, Smith, Tendulkar, McCabe,and Harvey.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah idk is this thread meant to be technically? i.e the way they played their strokes. Or results based? i.e big scores and great conversion rates. Or just who is the second best batsman?

Anyway I think it was his immense concentration that set him apart, along with an attacking style of play. He averaged 164 balls per innings (highest of all btw) whilst striking at 61. No other batsman who averaged even 120 balls per innings struck over 46.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kohli reminds me of jack hobbs more than bradman. Can imagine hobbs trying to review a clean bowled if he played nowadays, don't think bradman would do that.
You're probably thinking of Grace. Hobbs was a stoic, down to earth gentleman by all accounts.