• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "bowl out" rule

cameeel

International Captain
marc71178 said:
In a knockout competition, you have to have some form of separating the sides.
Fair enough, i'll try thinking before asking a question next time

Gangster

U19 12th Man
James said:
Watch your language please and you'll find you won't last long here with an attitude like that.
aww, does someone need his diapers to be changed? if you don't want bad language, then get rid of the censors and ban anyone who writes "bad words" along with deleting their posts. but if you censor them, then worry your little head about something else. if you want to change your policy and begin by banning someone, then allow me to volunteer by writing the most vile, disgusting sentence i can think of:

that pakistani is a good human being

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vvk said:
In the mid 1990s the ICC passed a law that said a "bowl out" can be used to decide the result of a tied one day game. Similar to a penalty shoot out in soccer, bowlers will target the stumps and the side with the most "hits" will win the game.

However I've never seen it in practice and have not heard anything about it lately.

Anybody know what happened to this?
What rubbish.....we should be indicing tie's ....A tie is the ultimate result IMO and happens to rearly even in ODI's. In Tournaments there are plenty of other rules the ICC can use to on a tied result.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Gangster said:
aww, does someone need his diapers to be changed? if you don't want bad language, then get rid of the censors and ban anyone who writes "bad words" along with deleting their posts. but if you censor them, then worry your little head about something else. if you want to change your policy and begin by banning someone, then allow me to volunteer by writing the most vile, disgusting sentence i can think of:

that pakistani is a good human being
What's with your reply Gangster? It was a simple note from myself asking a new member (vvk) to cut out his bad language because censoring or not it's unacceptable on these forums.

And where did I say he was going to be banned :wacko:

Gangster

U19 12th Man
James said:
What's with your reply Gangster? It was a simple note from myself asking a new member (vvk) to cut out his bad language because censoring or not it's unacceptable on these forums.

And where did I say he was going to be banned :wacko:
well the banning thing was just so i could insert an insult about pakistanis. but what i was replying for was i think most of us on the forum are adults, and while no one likes being cursed at, i think we should be able to accept some adult language. and if there is a censoring program, then it is as if no one has cursed at all isnt it?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Gangster said:
well the banning thing was just so i could insert an insult about pakistanis. but what i was replying for was i think most of us on the forum are adults, and while no one likes being cursed at, i think we should be able to accept some adult language. and if there is a censoring program, then it is as if no one has cursed at all isnt it?
It's a family site, and despite the fact that most of us are adult, there are some who aren't.

Basically, the 'censoring' is a software engine which just works on a similar principle to MimeSweeper and the like to filter text strings and to substitute asterisks in place of inappropriate language.

Some people view the site from work (I used to) and if there's swearing and inappropriate images, the site will get banned from work servers.

psxpro

Banned
zinzan12 said:
What rubbish.....we should be indicing tie's ....A tie is the ultimate result IMO and happens to rearly even in ODI's. In Tournaments there are plenty of other rules the ICC can use to on a tied result.

If there's a tie I think they should have a way to decide the winner.

I'd go for a 5- 10 over game but with only 2 batsmen so it wouldn't be all alog. would be interesting