• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Blue Thread

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
arrrgH! and the side looks so good as well! now halsey is back... i hope to retain my place in the side.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
I do believe I might be the one to go.
Unfortunate as it may be, I haven't had any luck.

1 for 143 with another three dropped catches off my bowling.

Our fielding really does need to improve, ten fold in the longer version of the game.

Perhaps we lack concentration, determination and discipline.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Having reviewed the squad, I've noted that there are players there who really haven't featured at all. As such, Tucker will come into the team very soon, more likely in OD than 5D though.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
I deserved to be dropped from the 5D team, and with 0-24 from 3 overs in the one dayer, maybe that also.

:(

More nets work for me.

Sudeep

International Captain
Once again, sorry for not being around. But now I'm back, and will participate regular.

Tough going for us this season, but we're way better than what our results show. C'mon Blues!

RigorMortis

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Travis_Teh said:
More nets work for me.
May as well come down and join me there, looks like the only bowling I'll be doing for a while...at least until Halsey heads to the bar again :D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Sudeep said:
Once again, sorry for not being around. But now I'm back, and will participate regular.

Tough going for us this season, but we're way better than what our results show. C'mon Blues!
Hey, we've formed a nice little pairing of all-rounders in the middle order you know. A couple of 50 partnerships in the FC games, and we've bowled quite well in tandem as well.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Travis_Teh said:
More nets work for me.
You're a top young quickie Travis, I'd be happy to face up to you in the nets some more if you feel you need the practice. Just no more beamers, please. :(

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Gee, another rancid performance by myself.
I just have no confidence at the moment, i need a few wickets or a massive lucky break somehow....somewhere...some time soon I hope.

Sorry Sean, I can't help it, I have anger management issues and i can't help but bowl like a madman....I suffer from white line fever you see, as soon as I get the ball in my hand, I.... more aggression!!

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I want to have a go at being pos.4, so I have more time to possibly anchor the side.

Until I get out to a stupid shot, that is.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
dinu23 said:
who are we playing against next?
We've got a tough one at the PDV dome against Green - a 5 day match.

The key for us has to be seeing off Timewell and Hoy and taking the fight to the rest of their bowlers. If we can do that and set a decent score, I think we can do the job with the ball on that wicket.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Team to play Green

SJ Fitzsimmons
MP Phillips
MW de Silva
RGEWS Cribb
A Crampton
BL Wilshere
SE Fuller
SC Popat
DP Tucker
TC Halsey
NL Patrick

12th Man: R Harris

At the CWBCC Stadium, so I'd figure Tucker in for Demeza. Harris once again close to selection, but Tucker is probably a bit more potent with the bat.

Any suggestions/changes guys?

dinu23

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
SJ Fitzsimmons
MP Phillips
MW de Silva
RGEWS Cribb
A Crampton
BL Wilshere
SE Fuller
SC Popat
DP Tucker
TC Halsey
NL Patrick

12th Man: R Harris

At the CWBCC Stadium, so I'd figure Tucker in for Demeza. Harris once again close to selection, but Tucker is probably a bit more potent with the bat.

Any suggestions/changes guys?

looks good. I'm hoping to get a ball in this game. :D