• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Blue Thread

RigorMortis

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Sounds like a good lineup, gah it's hard to get a look-in with the quality of our guys in the lineup right now. Gotta keep putting in long hours at the nets and the gym and wait for an injury I suppose :D

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ahhh, thanks for the praise fellaz, but I would hardly call it a return to form :D My bowling in ODs has been consistent (nothin amazing mind) but my FC bowling is where its at. Unless I put in a good performance this game, Im dropping myself (if I can before Liam does :p ) for the next one. I cant keep underperforming with quality players waiting to surge up! Looking for a big one this game then! :)

Go the Blues!

Travis_Teh

International Regular
I'm working real hard to increase my fitness level, to be able to maintain my pace for more than four overs at a time.

Hopefully i don't injure myself doing so.

Wholeheartidly appreciate first OD birth, and will continue to work on my pace in the nets to try and break into the 5day team at some stage during the season :)

Congratulations on getting the first win! Overall brilliant team effort.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
My thoughts for the team for the next 5D...

SJ Fitzsimmons *
BL Wilshere
RGEWS Cribb
PE Young
A Crampton +
SE Fuller
SC Popat
TC Halsey
MP Phillips
AAA Collins
NL Patrick

That's Crampton given a shot with the gloves and Jellett given a reality check. Young moves to #4 to stabilize the middle order and Wilsher brought in and set to play the anchor role opening alongside Fitzsimmons. I liked the look of Cribb at #3 in the last game, so I'd back him there. Patrick and Collins remain as they're proven bowlers who deserve another shot. Still, it's time to step up.

How does that look guys? All suggestions and comments (by BLUE players) are welcome.

Oooh, opening. Yay!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
My thoughts for the team for the next 5D...

SJ Fitzsimmons *
BL Wilshere
RGEWS Cribb
PE Young
A Crampton +
SE Fuller
SC Popat
TC Halsey
MP Phillips
AAA Collins
NL Patrick

That's Crampton given a shot with the gloves and Jellett given a reality check. Young moves to #4 to stabilize the middle order and Wilsher brought in and set to play the anchor role opening alongside Fitzsimmons. I liked the look of Cribb at #3 in the last game, so I'd back him there. Patrick and Collins remain as they're proven bowlers who deserve another shot. Still, it's time to step up.

How does that look guys? All suggestions and comments (by BLUE players) are welcome.
Looks good. Nice to know that there's a few young players knocking on the door if anybody slips up, as well. I'm happier batting at 5 or 6 than 7, as well.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
haha i was hoping to step up my batting this season after my work in New-York! meh, the runs will flow... :)

dinu23

International Debutant
Robertinho said:
Hm, also, no offence, but that dinu23 kid is an idiot...

So who are your CW XI players? Will you get that much of a boost when they come back?
speak for ur self!

dinu23

International Debutant
Faaip[SIZE=5 said:
DeOiad]Gre[/SIZE]at win guys. I'd like particularly to congratulate Patrick on his return to form, and Demeza on a quality debut performance. Let's follow it up with another win in the next five day match.
what game did we win guys?
anyway, WELL DONE!! lets hope we can keep it up.

GO BLUES!!

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
** Warning **

Any player who refuses to refrain from posting in a clubhouse once asked to do so by a relevant CW captain or vice-captain, will be subject to a fine and suspension pending a ruling by the CWBCC on the content and context of the posts in question.

Please note that this does not mean that the person in question may not post at all in the opposing clubhouse, but that posts along certain lines are prohibited once a warning has been made.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Any player who refuses to refrain from posting in a clubhouse once asked to do so by a relevant CW captain or vice-captain, will be subject to a fine and suspension pending a ruling by the CWBCC on the content and context of the posts in question.

Please note that this does not mean that the person in question may not post at all in the opposing clubhouse, but that posts along certain lines are prohibited once a warning has been made.
i think we may have heard the last of steds in out thread then!

Cloete

International Captain
Top win fellas! Nowm let's make it two!!!!

Everybody seems to be putting in good performances now and if we keep producing those sort of team efforts we will be very hard to beat!

dinu23

International Debutant
Alright guys! Our luck seems to be changing. Lets keep this up!

COMMON BLUES!
GO BLUES!
GO BLUES!

RigorMortis

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well done guys, as dinu23 says our luck seems to be changing, or maybe we're preparing better for games. Good to see all the bowlers getting into the wickets as well :D

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
The turnaround in form seems to coincide with me being dropped from OD matches :(... I mean :). Go team! :p