• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Black Thread

Buddhmaster

International Captain
SquidAU said:
So, am I at least going to cut up the oranges sometime? :p
SQUIDYYYYYYYYY. Mate, I think you could get a game this week, we're struggling with injuries and the England tour.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Buddhmaster said:
SQUIDYYYYYYYYY. Mate, I think you could get a game this week, we're struggling with injuries and the England tour.
With me and my mediocre skills..........I am sure I can hold on for a draw! :p

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
had a REASONABLE knock last game so hopefully should be start of some half-decent form. our OD stats aren't shabby at all btw guys :]

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
kears_falcon_9 said:
Whats ure name.. and what was ure signup skills mate? Welcome to Blacks btw.
I made it in for the next game. El Capitan decided the time was right......or something. I would like to have thought it was my mediocre skills but alas, it seems international call-ups and injuries have allowed me to make my mark......

I'll be batting at 8, with the name Kalmar....trying to make a few runs and get maybe a wicket.

Or at least a catch. That would be nice. :D

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
kears_falcon_9 said:
Well lets hope ure debut is a good one.. good luck mate
Thanks. All I am looking to do is contribute in some way. Whether that be a catch, a wicket or runs.....even a run out! I am definately not expecting a 50 or 5 wickets! :D

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Good Luck Squid

Great win last night boys, but the next match will be hard. We have injuries, the internationals gone and to top it off, Willo and Chaulky are playing in the Invitational. But atleast the newer guys will get a go.

Last edited:

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Well said mate.. no offence to the younger buys but we are playing with hlaf a team.. 5 players will be missing due to call ups.. so lets hope everyone can play there part and we kick their *** again... weve been in great form of late especially thommo with the ball infact the whole team has bowled well.. keep it goin... this match will be a huge test lets hope we pass with flying colours :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
kears_falcon_9 said:
Well said mate.. no offence to the younger buys but we are playing with hlaf a team.. 5 players will be missing due to call ups.. so lets hope everyone can play there part and we kick their *** again... weve been in great form of late especially thommo with the ball infact the whole team has bowled well.. keep it goin... this match will be a huge test lets hope we pass with flying colours :)
At this rate we'll be the ones cutting up oranges when we get back...

cbuts

International Debutant
kears_falcon_9 said:
and yet u guys are stepping up. its wat the team needs, players putting pressure on each other

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Buddhmaster said:
Good Luck Squid

Great win last night boys, but the next match will be hard. We have injuries, the internationals gone and to top it off, Willo and Chaulky are playing in the Invitational. But atleast the newer guys will get a go.
It's the midseason off-day in the schedule, so no team loses any players for the Invitational.