• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Black Thread

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Now I have spinners coming out of my ears and no idea what to do with them all!

Great batting effort today, shame we couldn't finish it off. Looks like you've got the opening slot nailed down now!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
solid performance lads, good to see Buddh and Kears with tons there. We really dominated the match, i feel me and buddh's opening partnership is starting to bear fruit aswell. Hopefully our morale will be high now and we can ciack on

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Spinner wanting to leave Blue. Black wanting to chuck a spinner or two. I'm beginning to fear for my livelihood :scared:

cbuts

International Debutant
hey guys, things going alot better now, on top of the 5 day table - thats outrageous, lets face it we been playing crap. we can still improve so much!

Buddhmaster

International Captain
superkingdave said:
solid performance lads, good to see Buddh and Kears with tons there. We really dominated the match, i feel me and buddh's opening partnership is starting to bear fruit aswell. Hopefully our morale will be high now and we can ciack on
Yep Davo, it's starting to look good. If you start knuckling down and continueing your starts, and my up and down form stays at up, this could be a scary partnership :)

ash chaulk

International Captain
ive just looked at our last 3 OD matches and would like to say that our bowlers are doing an awesome job so far keep it up....

p.s. Cap. gimme the chance to open the 5day batting i did sign up as a number 3 so i know the new ball.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
indeed we are starting to get things together, though we will lose Neil, Kears and Chris to the national side soon so a lot of people, mainly me, are going to have to step their games up

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
superkingdave said:
indeed we are starting to get things together, though we will lose Neil, Kears and Chris to the national side soon so a lot of people, mainly me, are going to have to step their games up
yeah we all will, ive also had a pretty poor start to the season batting wise anyway hopefully it can improve and we can win some more FC games.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
mikeW said:
yeah we all will, ive also had a pretty poor start to the season batting wise anyway hopefully it can improve and we can win some more FC games.
we need you back in form buddy, you're the great white hope

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The OD top six at present:

Chaulk
Thompson - settled opening pair

Jones
Butler
Kearsley - the three strongest batsman

Wilson - has always been at six

Blackman - where can I move you to under a full side? You will bat four when the Internationals are away, but otherwise I don't know what I can do.

Ash - I may try that during the Tests break.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
The OD top six at present:

Chaulk
Thompson - settled opening pair

Jones
Butler
Kearsley - the three strongest batsman

Wilson - has always been at six

Blackman - where can I move you to under a full side? You will bat four when the Internationals are away, but otherwise I don't know what I can do.

Ash - I may try that during the Tests break.
im willing to drop down the order for him i have been batted poorly this season.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
mikeW said:
im willing to drop down the order for him i have been batted poorly this season.
Nah it's fine, I was just pointing out what Liam said, to see what Neil thought.

And who is Jones?

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
its Simon Jones... i think his name is Crazy Macca.. doesnt come round much not that ive seen anyway... as for th order.. Blackman may be waisted down there but neil is right with thommo opening and then the net 3 being quite strong its real hard to get into top 4.. but maybe a swap with willo could be the go.. but if we were chasing a total in quick time then willo might be the go... thoughts?

Buddhmaster

International Captain
How long has he been around? I think he's averaging less then me in FC, how's he going in OD?

I'm not trying to get his position, I just thought he was new to the team :-O