• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The biggest spinner of the cricket ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

subshakerz

International Coach
Who was the one who regularly spinned the ball the widest? Warne? Murali? Swann? MacGill? I heard Tim May was a big turner as well.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I would say Qadir on a spinning track.

Non spinning track probably Murali, but I won't be making an issue if some one picks Warne.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
From players I've seen in videos after the event, MacGill > Warne =/> Murali.

From players I've actually seen live, Shakib - who on his day turns it extraordinarily far for an orthodox finger spinner, then Lyon.

subshakerz

International Coach
Havent seen a bowler rip it as much as MacGill did in this spell. Check 3:07, the ball spins from middle stump to the edge of the wicket.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Actually, the biggest spinner of the ball I've seen was some teen in a bottom grade match about five years ago. His action had a remarkable resemblance to Erapelli Prasanna's, and was a blatant chucker. Bowling a line parallel with the sides of the pitch some balls were pitching about 6" inside the line of the return crease (if that) and spinning past leg stump.

Sure he was bowling quite slowly, probably less than 70 km/h (though it was a decently tricky trajectory, not high-looping dolly stuff), but in terms of sheer sideways distance he's got anyone else I've seen beat. Certainly was interesting to face.

Last edited:

subshakerz

International Coach
Of the spinners I have seen, Warne got the best drift and MacGill the most spin though Murali was more consistent across surfaces in achieving high spin. Graeme Swann was the best in bowling sharp spin at a faster rate though.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has to be MacGill. Played a lot in Sydney but got massive turn on all Aus pitches not suited to spin

had a giggle at Tim May not sure where you got that from. Jason Krejza spun the ball along way, more than any other Aussie off-spinner I've seen

Status
Not open for further replies.