• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Best of Bradman?

the big bambino

International Captain
Why were there 2 declarations? I can't locate match report on cricinfo.
Pitch was rubbish after rain then Sun. Both sides declared to get the opposition in on it before it improved. Notice how WI declared right after Headley was dismissed for a duck? They didn't see the point of batting thereafter on that pitch. That's why the WI declared giving Eng under 100 to chase. Save for an innings from Hammond they'd have likely won.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
I think this should absolutely be a thing. Quite a few "new-ball wickets" these days that see the top-order get sawn off and the lower-order have to do a recovery job. If you've got bowlers with a decent defensive ability (eg. Jack Leach) I can see the advantage to it. Top-order batsmen probably don't want to do it though because it makes you look like a ***** and opens you up to a huge range of sledging.
2 other names who are capable of doing this job which immediately come to mind are Ishant Sharma and Jason Gillespie.