• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The balls of the century

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, that was the worst phase for Indian cricket. After being ranked #1, we lost 4-0 in England and Australia and then couldn't even get a revenge win at home against England. Remember some of our players dismissing their away losses saying we win at home all the time too. But then we didn't!

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The one that occurs to me as a delivery I have just never gotten over is Amir to Johnson at Headingley in 2010.

It's the second ball in the video, the first is a reminder of what Steve Smith used to look like, crazy days
Smith.exe had a few bugs in it back then. They've all been patched now obviously except for the Labuschagne starvation exploit.

Flem274*

123/5
harris to cook or one of the magic steyn in india deliveries should win but they'll find a way to fist an indian at the top. probably something from that insane bumrah spell to the windies.

if i was in charge id track down the most obnoxious wagner wicket and make it #1. wagner to kohli or dhoni 2013 is up there.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That Amir wicket.... I was such a huge fan at that’s point.

Reminds me of the one Broad cleaned up Haddin with at The Oval in 2009. The exact moment I stopped hating Broad’s continued selection iirc

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That Adil Rashid googly to Kohli's gonna be in there I bet. Was a great delivery and the reaction was priceless.

Howe_zat

Audio File
That Adil Rashid googly to Kohli's gonna be in there I bet. Was a great delivery and the reaction was priceless.
Ahaha, I just remembered his face.

Was a leg break tbf, and not that different from Warne’s famous one.

He got picked for the test series as a result (I remember having to explain to people that, yes, getting Virat Kohli out is quite relevant to the job of getting Virat Kohli out) and pulled off another one against KL Rahul in the fourth test.

Daemon

Bumrah's slower ball yorker to Marsh should be in there imo, never really seen that take a wicket in Tests apart from maybe Akhtar?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Bumrah's slower ball yorker to Marsh should be in there imo, never really seen that take a wicket in Tests apart from maybe Akhtar?
Look on Marsh's face was priceless. I think though that something from Bumrah's spells in WI is more certain to make it.

vcs

The ball itself doesn't look that special in hindsight, seems like it hit a crack and took off.