• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian top order doom and gloom thread

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
3 50's tbf. #betterthanpaine

I am a big fan of telling Wade to ditch the gloves ftr. I mean, ****, Ferguson.

SeamUp

International Coach
These pictures really don't do him any favours...

Remember him playing a few ODI's v the Bangers and then ditched harshly.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ftr I'd pick all those players ahead of Ferguson as well, I'm just not confident in any of them to actually do a better job than him at the moment, so I wouldn't really care. I have no faith in the batting reserves at the moment, Cosgrove aside who has no hope of being picked.

flibbertyjibber

Safe to say it is going to be an interesting squad that Australia pick for the next test match they play and there will be plenty of arguments on here over who is picked.

Spikey

the bowling could be anything too. mj, starc, hilf, siddle, maybe haze into 3. plus clarke clearly didn't trust watson to bowl this game. (and watson as a whole is kinda problem right now)

benchmark00

Cosgrove is far more impressive in real life than in photos. How someone can be that short and that round is a testament to his unwaivering dedication to cream buns. He seriously looks like a beach ball with little legs and arms. If he fielded on the boundary security guards would try and grab him and poke a hole in him to deflate him.

Spikey

might go to homebush to see it first hand

oh **** that reminds me i should hav

Spark

Global Moderator
Safe to say it is going to be an interesting squad that Australia pick for the next test match they play and there will be plenty of arguments on here over who is picked.
TBH so long as they don't do something completely insane like pick Ferguson I don't really care. Enough pros and cons about each of the main contenders that there's no real standouts.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Cosgrove is a quality bat, anyone who watches him bat would agree. Compact technique, lots of time to play his shots, would not disgrace himself at international level.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's so ****ing annoying that Cosgrove doesn't lose the weight. He doesn't strike as the sharpest tool in the shed but surely he himself would realise that the cupboard's pretty bare at the moment and pretty much the only thing between him and a baggy green is his stomach.

Don't think he's the worst part-timer either, though this may just be because I like how he waddles up to the crease to send them down.