• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian Domestic off season 2014.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah, didn't really ****. I dissed Neser and specifically said that I'm not suggesting Hopes be dropped. He's such a solid state cricketer and has been for a long time.

EDIT - forgot to add "****".

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, didn't really ****. I dissed Neser and specifically said that I'm not suggesting Hopes be dropped. He's such a solid state cricketer and has been for a long time.

EDIT - forgot to add "****".
you implied because of his pace he shouldn't be opening the bowling, ****

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
you implied because of his pace he shouldn't be opening the bowling, ****
I wouldn't care if other states did it, but do I want QLD to be opening the bowling with an all rounder of Hopes pace and age? No..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Did you see our attack last year? We had James '125kph' Hopes opening the attack followed by the woeful Neser. Now, I'm not suggesting Hopes be dropped, but I like the look of 6. Hopes 8. Cutting 9 Herrick 10 Boyce 11. Feldman and leaving out the short format guys in McDermott, Neser and Gannon. Harris to play if fit/Australia aren't playing obviously.
Hopes cleaned up. And ignoring the fact that I rate Neser much more highly than you:

McDermott - 74 FC wickets @ 24
Gannon - 50 FC wickets @ 27

I know a lot of that happened on the greener wickets, but forgive me for not thinking Herrick would be a real improvement over those guys. McDermott not playing Shield cricket is really annoying as it is without adding Herrick into the mix. He's a decent bowler but Queensland don't need more decent seamers. Pretty much no-one actually does tbf; FC standard seam bowling talent is well covered across the Shield right now.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wouldn't care if other states did it, but do I want QLD to be opening the bowling with an all rounder of Hopes pace and age? No..
He was doing it because it was working though, not because the other bowlers in the side weren't good enough for it.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hopes cleaned up. And ignoring the fact that I rate Neser much more highly than you:

McDermott - 74 FC wickets @ 24
Gannon - 50 FC wickets @ 27

I know a lot of that happened on the greener wickets, but forgive me for not thinking Herrick would be a real improvement over those guys. McDermott not playing Shield cricket is really annoying as it is without adding Herrick into the mix. He's a decent bowler but Queensland don't need more decent seamers. Pretty much no-one actually does tbf; FC standard seam bowling talent is well covered across the Shield right now.
That's all well and good but my initial point
I would have liked Herrick to have joined QLD tbh. I think he still has plenty to offer
still stands regardless.

brockley

International Captain
Cricket Tasmania @crickettas
BREAKING: Former @bushrangers batsman @michaelhill33 has signed with the Tasmanian Tigers for 2014/15. Read more: bit.ly/1nFivV4