• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

ataraxia

International Coach
Laker has a better looking record but Verity got the Don out more than anyone. Tich seems hard done by not to have played more tests.
I pick Verity because I think for players (especially English) pre-WWII FC figures are a key factor if the player hasn't played 50 Tests or so. Also Verity's a better batter slightly. It's all very close between them.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You’ll be right mate. It’s how we feel putting up with your particular brand of whatever it is you do.

ataraxia

International Coach
Eh. At least I actually accept when I am wrong. My tone should not be interpreted as aggressive with that statement. Bye. I will be back.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
How’s saying “100 rabid [anyone]” banworthy?
Well, you could take a dig at a poster's post or the poster himself in the worst case. Generalizing it and quoting every poster of that country is lack of respect for other nations. The poster who does it should not be allowed to post anything in the first place imo.

Burgey

“Australian fans collectively pull their pud over Ponting” is disrespecting my homeland apparently, and whoever says it shouldn’t be allowed to post at all.

What a fragile flower you must be

Burgey

They call me Kohli...

Lol was ruled out rather than missing voluntarily. Probably by virtue of some delicate flower.

Burgey

It depends on how you look at things. If someone is available and plays but performs poorly, that’s on them. If they’re ruled out, you can’t decry their performance as they weren’t afforded the opportunity.

Unless you’re brain dead, in which case you might think it relevant.

Would certainly agree with you the flower in question is a little prick.

Last edited:

_00_deathscar

International Regular
The Aussies eh - they can happily dish it out with snarky comments but can't take it.
Even when posts made are in jest/reference to their very own comments about 'mental fortitude' and alpha this and beta that and joking about Sachin having to face a billion people.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
It depends on how you look at things. If someone is available and plays but performs poorly, that’s on them. If they’re ruled out, you can’t decry their performance as they weren’t afforded the opportunity.

Unless you’re brain dead, in which case you might think it relevant.

Would certainly agree with you the flower in question is a little prick.
It is called "Good Riddance" in fact. When some one is not deemed good enough, he gets dropped. Now you could 2 things.

1. Work on your weakness and come back better. You would still be not good enough but might get a chance only to prove the world what they already believed true.
2. Do what you do always and go missing again when it matters most.

Burgey

This is revelatory. Truly your insight is astonishing. I shall henceforth join your circle jerk with the other hundred frothers.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Burgey, if you really have such issues with the mods, I’m sure there’re better places to discuss it than a cricket thread. All you guys over the past few pages please just go and make another thread where you can tear at each other so some of us can actually talk about cricket here.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Which of the people from your time of watching cricket will you qualify as ATGs?

For me, it is...

Lara
Sachin
Dravid
Ponting
Warne
Murali
Ambrose
Steyn
McGrath
Wasim
Sangakkara
Kallis
Donald

This is the list I have off the top of my head.. unsure if I m missing anyone. And I have not included currently active players.