• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
I did the rating on CF90s' teams with the pics in post #23, 932. I would select several different players if picking teams for the respective nations, and from those perhaps put England slightly ahead.
Yeah fair enough. I think England are ahead, but the lack of gulf is damning on the ECB's part and reflects well on NZ cricket given the rather immense gulf in population and board money.

Can't even blame the old "we can't play all year round because of the weather" when comparing to NZ😁

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
its a pretty good list so you want all 10 bowlers as Australians ?

PAK - Wasim, Waqar and Imran
SRI - Murali
AUS - Warne and McGrath
NZ - Hadlee
WI - Marshall and Ambrose
SA - Steyn
Please stop making out like I have some kind of Australian bias. Its pathetic. The only remotely nationalistic thing I do on here is bash Anderson, and he’s a ****

BazBall21

Is Anderson hated so much by some because of his character or more because of the relentless English media fawning?

He's not the most endearing personality, but I'm surprised people get so wound up by him. Especially supporters of the country he traditionally struggles against. Think his fanbase being a bit insufferable must play a part.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Anderson hated so much by some because of his character or more because of the relentless English media fawning?

He's not the most endearing personality, but I'm surprised people get so wound up by him. Especially supporters of the country he traditionally struggles against. Think his fanbase being a bit insufferable must play a part.
Yeah thats definitely a big part of it.

BazBall21

Yeah thats definitely a big part of it.
Yeah I can relate to being annoyed by that despite being an England fan.

I just think as a person, he seems fairly innocuous to me. There's obviously something I'm missing beyond the grumpy introversion.

Qlder

International 12th Man

I think it had more to do with them doing this pic....didn't much want to look at any of them after it lolScreenshot_20240523_165847_Google.jpg

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Peak XI (based on the 5 year peak/40 innings peak thread a while ago)

Hutton (48-54)
Sutcliffe (24-32)
Bradman (34-48)
Smith (14-19)
Richards (76-81)
Sobers (58-63)
de Villiers+ (10-15)
Imran* (81-87)
Laker (51-57)
Waqar (90-95)
Barnes (08-14)

A couple pick themselves, a couple require explanation. Middle order picks themselves.

Laker was picked over Lock purely because Lock had a tour of Australia during his peak where he averaged 75. Waqar, Hadlee and Marshall were all kinda close but just went with my gut. Hutton was the only surefire choice for the openers. I chose Sutcliffe over Boycott and Hobbs because it was longer in terms of innings, which (probably?) should count for something.

So to the keeper. There were 3 choices - Gilchrist (55.96), Flower (65.10) and de Villiers (67.27). So de Villiers is the only one who wasn’t a full time keeper during his peak. However, based on him playing half those matches as keeper and my personal lack of faith in Flower’s keeping I chose him.

Sidenote, it weirds me out that Bradman and Hammond’s peaks don’t include their 30 or 28-29 series respectively lol.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

It's not just that he's a ****, he's a weak **** that gives it and can't take it. Literally the guy that will mouth off constantly and then go and cry to the umpires if he gets given it back

I can accept someone who's an asshole but embraces it and is unapologetic

BazBall21

It's not just that he's a ****, he's a weak **** that gives it and can't take it. Literally the guy that will mouth off constantly and then go and cry to the umpires if he gets given it back

I can accept someone who's an asshole but embraces it and is unapologetic
Someone more like broad?