• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Ashes (NOT!) -England v Australia at the Ring of Fire, Dubai- 10/30 Saturday (N), 26th Match, Group 1

Howe_zat

Audio File
Sky noted that Moeen Ali was the most selected fantasy cricket player for this game (presumably on their website? idk) so there are a lot of people sat there annoyed he might not bowl or bat at all

White Ball

State 12th Man
I don’t think this is an easy deck to bat look at Finch boundary count for the whole innings!
Main issue for Australia will be the dew

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There was a theory that we should have let Woakes bowl all four at the start of the innings ...

Let's hope that Mills' radar is functioning for his last two overs.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I mean, obviously I'd rather Cummins didn't blap one for six first ball (edit: or that one) but it does suggest that conditions aren't quite as hazardous as the score would have you believe

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Cummins been showing glimpses of his six-hitting potential over the last year. Is this the first time he's doing it in Aus colors?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I mean, obviously I'd rather Cummins didn't blap one for six first ball (edit: or that one) but it does suggest that conditions aren't quite as hazardous as the score would have you believe
Genuine question. How long does the white ball stay 'new'? Cos doing this before the 18th over may still not be easy.
Anyway, Jordan coming up trumps here, with more than a little help from YJB.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Superb from Jordan.

Starc as always undersold as a power-hitter. Always wondered why Aus never utilized him as a pinch-hitting option.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Think Jordan has just about put the danger to bed there.

Australia's lowest 20-over score (using all 20 overs) is the 121 they got against Bangladesh this summer.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Mills has had a shocker really. Little sign of a consistent line, which would be enough in this game given the platform he had