• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Generally I would care, but not this season. This is the most uninteresting NBA I've seen. Nothing has caught my interest.

Pistons to win in 7.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Hopefully the interest will pickup once the play offs reach the latter stages. Till now the only big story has been the failure of Brown and the Knicks for me.

A lot of Miami Heat fans here.. Great.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Pratyush said:
Hopefully the interest will pickup once the play offs reach the latter stages. Till now the only big story has been the failure of Brown and the Knicks for me.

IMO Miami is the Australia/Real Madrid/Manchester United/Yankees of basketball.

It's the team that it's fashionable to support when you don't know much about the sport. When you do know about the sport, it's the team that it's easiest to support.

*stirs*

Dravid

International Captain
Pratyush said:

Ah yes the Knicks. The highest paid team in the league is one of the worst team in the league. Every little thing in basketball you can imagine, every fundamental thing possible that come in your mind...Knicks totally fail at. They have one of the most selfish players in the league on their team..Francis. I seriously did not see the point of this trade. Knicks already have enough guards as it is, and they add another one. The shot selection in the team is hopeless. Francis will never use the pick, he will never look to pass the ball and move it around. He will instead freestyle, crossover and miss the field goal.

Knicks traded away Sweetney and Thomas ALONG with their first round draft pick for Curry. Knicks just dug the grave deeper them selves. Eddy Curry in my opinion is the laziest player on the line-up. He has no will to get a rebound, you will hardly see him box out. He will not contest any shots on D, he doesn't even bother putting his hands up. And the Knicks lost two good players and their first round pick which most likely wouldve been the 2nd or 3rd draft pick for a player like Curry.

Marbury and Brown aren't getting along that well so I don't blame him for failing in most of the plays.

Malik Rose is probably the worst offensive player in the NBA, and still he is involved in offensive plays for god knows what reason. Rose isn't also that good of a defender anymore.

Also anyone else fancy Lakers chances to get past Suns in the first round due to no Amare? I think it should be a very close contest

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
IMO Miami is the Australia/Real Madrid/Manchester United/Yankees of basketball.

It's the team that it's fashionable to support when you don't know much about the sport. When you do know about the sport, it's the team that it's easiest to support.

*stirs*
I'd like to defend myself here. If you are just referring to that because of the trade for Shaq...I started supporting them because in NBA Live '97, at the halftime break, they had the hottest cheerleaders.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Buddhmaster said:
Well I go for the Pistons so i'm pretty happy. But i've got a feeling San Antonio will take it out, Memphis as a roughie.
Good Buddh...

Pistons to take it out, got a soft spot for the Clippers, so them as a roughie.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
Also anyone else fancy Lakers chances to get past Suns in the first round due to no Amare? I think it should be a very close contest
kobe will probably light it up and steal a couple of games.....but if everyone except amare is fit, i feel the suns carry too much firepower for the lakers....they have so many scoring options in marion, nash, bell, t. thomas, k. thomas, diaw....

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Sanz said:
Miami Heat - DWade is the future of NBA. :) Pistons wont make to the conf finals. Ginobli cant carry Spurs on his shoudlers alone, Duncan is a choker, Dallas will win the Western Conf and finally beaten by the Big Fella aka Shaq-a-Laqa-Boom Boom boy from east.

*rant over* :)
D. Wade > Shaq
Billups > Wade

All in all

Dravid

International Captain
Heat are actually the only team to have an Indian cheerleader..and she is actually pretty hot

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
Heat are actually the only team to have an Indian cheerleader..and she is actually pretty hot
What was it like, 115 Degrees ? Seriously only indian girl that can be called hot is 'Aishwarya Rai' and she aint cheerleading for the miami boys.

Mr Mxyzptlk

vic_orthdox said:
I'd like to defend myself here. If you are just referring to that because of the trade for Shaq...I started supporting them because in NBA Live '97, at the halftime break, they had the hottest cheerleaders.
Is this your attempt at seeming LESS shallow?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Is this your attempt at seeming LESS shallow?
Uh-huh. I was a bandwagoner before everyone else was a bandwagoner.

Plus, they had Timmy, Alonzo and Jamal Mashburn. I used to love Jamal Mashburn.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Sanz said:
What was it like, 115 Degrees ? Seriously only indian girl that can be called hot is 'Aishwarya Rai' and she aint cheerleading for the miami boys.
You're soooo not cultured.

Dravid

International Captain
I'm planning on going to a Nets home game if they end up playing Heat or Pistons. I really hope they do because I haven't been to a game so far this season. Last game I went to was last season when the Nets were in New York City to face the knicks.