• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
That's what i meant
:ph34r: i hope it's 3-3 then the heat win the last match by 1 point through a Dwayne Wade 3 pointer from halfway

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
dallas starts as favourites....hopefully it should be a classic finale worthy of what has been a superb playoff season so far....

Fusion

Global Moderator
After a 26 year wait (15 of which I witnessed), the Mavs goto the NBA finals!! :clapping: This team went from being one of the worst franchise in SPORTS to being early favorites for the NBA championship. Wow, what a turn around! Full credit to Mark Cuban (hate him for his antics, but he's a great owner) and Avery Johnson. The big German, Dirk, is on his way to being considered a legend. And finally, as a long suffering Mavs fan, I want to remember Nash and Michael Finley. Those two guys were with the team during the dark days. They're not going to the Finals with us, but their contributions are appreciated by at least one Maverick fan.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
What do you mean no wade? He played in every game and was a major factor of every game.
No Wade in the last Pistons-Heat game. And no he was a non-factor in the last game. Please watch the game.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
After a 26 year wait (15 of which I witnessed), the Mavs goto the NBA finals!! :clapping: This team went from being one of the worst franchise in SPORTS to being early favorites for the NBA championship. Wow, what a turn around! Full credit to Mark Cuban (hate him for his antics, but he's a great owner) and Avery Johnson. The big German, Dirk, is on his way to being considered a legend. And finally, as a long suffering Mavs fan, I want to remember Nash and Michael Finley. Those two guys were with the team during the dark days. They're not going to the Finals with us, but their contributions are appreciated by at least one Maverick fan.
Mavs fans' sufferings are nothing compared to heartbreakers heat fans have gone through in last10 years. And now I will not be rooting for your team any more.:dry:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
And finally, as a long suffering Mavs fan, I want to remember Nash and Michael Finley. Those two guys were with the team during the dark days. They're not going to the Finals with us, but their contributions are appreciated by at least one Maverick fan.
sure...sure...remember them, appreciate them, after you trade 'em and then dash their championship hopes this season....:laugh: :p

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
Mavs fans' sufferings are nothing compared to heartbreakers heat fans have gone through in last10 years. And now I will not be rooting for your team any more.:dry:
I'll put up the Mavs mediocrity of the 90's against any team! But I guess we should both be happy that our teams ended those dark times and will reach the NBA pinnacle. But since neither of us want to continue that mediocre tradition, IT IS ON!! :cool:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Anil said:
sure...sure...remember them, appreciate them, after you trade 'em and then dash their championship hopes this season....:laugh: :p
haha. To be fair though, Nash left via free agency. He could've resigned with Dallas, but for a lot less money. I have a feeling though that BOTH parties are happy with the parting. Nash couldn't have won those 2 MVP awards in Dallas, and the Mavs wouldn't be going to the NBA finals with him. Weird how that worked out. As for Finley...well he was just a casualty of a "business decision" to save $50 mil by trading him. Again, I wish both of them well. Specially since my team is advancing to the finals!! :p

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
biased indian said:
Who ever wins that series is the World champions :)
Trust Kotcha to Stir the Pot. :@ Just wait till Rich comes and bashes america for calling NBA title as World Championship.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
But since neither of us want to continue that mediocre tradition, IT IS ON!! :cool:
Oh heat were not mediocre, its just that they came very close to winning the East conf and lost every time, Mostly by those Damn Knicks and last year by Detroit.

And yeah Bring it on Baby. Dallas :thumbdown :thumbdown :whip: :whip:

Go Heat :blowup: them Mavs.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Game time is less than 2 hrs away!!! I can't hold my excitement. This will be a great series to watch. I fear the Big Daddy, but my Mavs have more depth and are younger. May the best team win. Umm...just so there's no doubt, that would be the Mavs!! :cool:

Fusion

Global Moderator
And Mavs take game 1!:thumbup: What I liked about this game is that even though Dirk was sub-par, we still won by 10 points. Terry stepped up in his place. And that's why I think Dallas will win this series. We have more depth. If Shaq and Wade can be somewhat controlled (a VERY tough task), then the Heat really don't have anyone else to rely on. Contain Dirk and Terry, and the Mavs still have Stackhouse, Howard, Harris and the rest.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I will be interviewing one of the guys behind selltheknicks.com

Please give me some interesting questions to ask.. :)

Last edited: