• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test series whose result hurt you most

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
It can be tough to tell when TJB is trolling. Half the time, I'm not sure if he knows if he is trolling, or just being argumentative. It is a fine line with his posting.

This was a clear intentional troll though.

Jumno

U19 Captain
1-1 Ind in SA, Kallis denied India a victory and the 2008 Ind tour of Australia where Clarke took 3 in one over.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
It can be tough to tell when TJB is trolling. Half the time, I'm not sure if he knows if he is trolling, or just being argumentative. It is a fine line with his posting.

This was a clear intentional troll though.
Hard to tell as most of his serious cricket opinions are even worse tbh

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Johnson 5-0 series as I genuinely thought we would win. Most of our other failures bar the Pakistan 05 series i accepted as we are usually crap.

Julian87

State Captain
2010-11 Ashes by the length of the Flemington straight.

2005 was the first loss I'd witnessed. But it was a fantastic series. 2009 was frustrating as hell.

2010-11 though is the first time I'd seen Australia beaten at home by England. It was horrific. It was really weird you had a feeling the team was a tad fragile despite the lineup on paper. Then Johnson bowled his greatest ever spell of swing bowling in Perth and you'd almost thought they'd turned the corner.

But then Boxing Day. I'd never experienced that sort of humiliation in your own team as an Australian fan before. And it being on Boxing Day surrounded by moron ex-in laws made it even ****ing worse.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For me it was the loss to India last year. They were the better side because the coaching, selection and leadership was so much better. No way a ****ing 3rd XI Indian bowling attack should be going for less than 600 in each innings short of declarations. I honestly can't believe Langer wasn't put in the stockades and paraded through the streets in every major and minor city around the country for the next three years for letting it happen.

It comes from this "My way or the highway" attitude that is so pervasive these days. Buchanan found a way to work with Warne despite the two hating each other and despite the fact that he could have jettisoned him permanently during his form trough. Langer though will publicly deride players he doesn't like and pick teams that aren't any good because they're loyal to him, despite their complete lack of results.

I mean we haven't won an overseas series since he took charge ffs.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Langer's ****ing hopeless and if his name was Michael Smith who'd played no games for Australia, he'd have been unemployed a long time ago.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
SA tour 2018 was tough pill to swallow as an Indian fan. We had them in Capetown. Those runs by AB & Maharaj were the difference I felt. Also I remember Bumrah was on debut & bowled a lot of Half volleys in that game. He got better as the series progressed. But didn't managed to hit the ground running. For strange reasons idiot Kohli scrapped a Tour game. Test match felt rushed after bashing Lankans in useless T20s.
Gigantic slip up. SA was no way near better than us.
Edgebaston test 2018 classic choke.. Lol. Still England were better side at home so it didn't hurt as much but we should have won 1st test.